Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting some horrendous quotes as a new-to-ontario rider, scotialife have come to the party.
I've never had insurance in Ontario, but I just got Comprehensive cover on my 916 for $524 a year.

Great premium, all things considered!

·
Registered
164 Posts
That's a crazy rate in today's market, about half of what I've been quoted for my 998, and I have a clean record with 30 years experience and continuous motorcycle insurance. Is it Scotialife Financial, a division of Scotiabank? Their web site doesn't have any options for motorcycle quotes. Do you have to call in for a quote? Is it conditional on having other insurance with them?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a crazy rate in today's market, about half of what I've been quoted for my 998..
Yes, it was with Scotialife Financial. I also have my car insured with them, but they do offer standalone motorcycle insurance as far as I'm aware. You have to call them.
I wasn't aware they offered bike insurance either.... had tried to get cover through a broker but it was really tough work.
Initially was only trying to get Liability cover, but Comprehensive was only $100 more a year, so figured I'd be crazy not to.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow, really glad you posted! $650 for my 998 and $475 for my Hawk GT ($1M liability, comprehensive, but no collision, Mississauga address), compared to $1000 and $650 for the same coverage elsewhere.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, really glad you posted! $650 for my 998 and $475 for my Hawk GT ($1M liability, comprehensive, but no collision, Mississauga address), compared to $1000 and $650 for the same coverage elsewhere.
Nice- make the switch.

They must have hardly any claims from riders to keep premiums so low. Long may that be the case 🙂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts