Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Investing in motorcycles...ha...such a fools' game for pretty much everyone. Just ride them for Christ's sake. If you just wanna stare at it get a poster so someone can actually enjoy [riding] it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Investing in motorcycles...ha...such a fools' game for pretty much everyone. Just ride them for Christ's sake. If you just wanna stare at it get a poster so someone can actually enjoy [riding] it.
Totally agree, but I have to say when it comes to buying used vehicles, there are ones you can buy and enjoy and not loose as much money when it's time to sell. So if your about to drop 13K on a Sport 1000, maybe it's a better idea to drop 15K on a PS...things like that.

I'm currently looking for a 916/996/998 and while i'm not looking to invest, I realize that I wont own the bike forever, and when it's time to go I'd like to "loose" as little as possible. So maybe it's worth it to spend a little bit more for a 998, or a perfect first gen 916...I duno

·
Registered
36 Posts
I remember when I bought my SC in 2013. ? was 3005 km on the clock.
Have to go to Germany and drive about 850 km one way by car heh.

When I saw red beuty live I knew it she has to be mine. That time I pay 12.500 euro for 2007 red Biposto
But owner give me also some parts big box. With another seat Brand New, etc.
I think Im very happy with this bike.
Now I put around 20.000 km and still going like New. Im trying not to go on rainy days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
As I said above, prices fluctuate. It’s worth what someone else is willing to pay for it, not what you believe it’s worth.
Thought i would chime in as i just paid $4,700 for a 2008 gt1000 touring edition with 14k miles. One owner, never down, bike in near flawless condition. I waited for a while for a price like this and i think the current economic conditions helped me some too. I have not seen one sell for less than $7,500 state side for a while now. Most around that price with much higher mileage. I shipped the bike and have someone who will give $8,500 for the bike but my plan is to ride if for a few years and sell for $12k+ if i can when the economy improves.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
There is a really nice PS on the Florida Craigslist, highly modified race bike. That’s the one I’d buy, and return it to the street.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
Ex race bikes fair very well in the collector market, especially with some documentation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bought my S1k Bipo new in 2008. For me it's not a collector bike, it's a bike I thoroughly enjoy riding. That's what I spent the money for. I don't worry about how many miles I've put on it or its potential resale value. I understand that some folks like to collect but that's not for me.

The true value is the shit eating grin I get when I open it up on a lonely back road.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
How will you ever know WHY a bike or car is collectible if you didn’t get out and use it the way it was meant to be used ? Buy a Painting if your only going to look at it.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts