Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
This is what started my lust https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/2006-Ducati-Paul-Smart-1000/SSE-AD-5192846/?

I offered him 24k but he said 27 is rock bottom.

I agree the market is slow here and I have to many bikes but think the paul smart is the best looking SC . If I have to keep my modified GT it will be no hardship!
Yep the PS's are nice plus a lot more likely to be collectable.
Keep looking mate and if that ones still on the market after a while try again.
I initially didnt want to sell my bike for under $12k but then I needed to pay for a new car port and the bike had to go.

I also may know this bike and they guy was in no hurry to sell

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
right. so it's less than the 2K PS they made, but more than the 100 LE, even if the LE is just a mono with a different paint job.
The LE is only a repainted Monoposto done by Ducati North America and was only available in the US (90) & Canada (10)...

According to the info we got from the Ducati factory they produced 2247 PS...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently was chatting with one of Ducati North Americas higher ups at a MC expo. We were discussing the new V4 when he explained to me that the L-Twin was going to be phased out in the next few years and all Ducs would be going with V4 config. If this is true I can't help but think the value of all air cooled L-Twin Ducatis will rise.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Will they ever be really valuable?

The LE is only a repainted Monoposto done by Ducati North America and was only available in the US (90) & Canada (10)...

According to the info we got from the Ducati factory they produced 2247 PS...

I think the PS will be like the later MHR's where there are simply too many bikes for them ever being really valuable. For the LE who knows if it will ever be a real collectible since it is not a "real" Ducati limited series but as you say something Ducati North America made I guess mainly to boost sales, and dealers have done the same with SC's and other bikes.

But they are nice bikes and maybe I will be shown to be wrong in another 30-40 years:grin2:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I think the PS will be like the later MHR's where there are simply too many bikes for them ever being really valuable. For the LE who knows if it will ever be a real collectible since it is not a "real" Ducati limited series but as you say something Ducati North America made I guess mainly to boost sales, and dealers have done the same with SC's and other bikes.

But they are nice bikes and maybe I will be shown to be wrong in another 30-40 years:grin2:
I could care less if they are collectable I just want one for the shallowest of reasons namely I love the way they look but because many people do consider them current/future collectables I cannot find one in my price range.
Every other bike in the sport classic range has dropped so just wishful thinking on my part that the Paul smart will follow!If not I will just have to suffer my GT.:smile2:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I enquired to the ducati factory re the 1000s production numbers some time ago and received a phone call from them informing me there were 938 produced in total.....please dont slate me im only telling what the factory told me. Cheers

·
Registered
592 Posts
I enquired to the ducati factory re the 1000s production numbers some time ago and received a phone call from them informing me there were 938 produced in total.....please dont slate me im only telling what the factory told me. Cheers

Of which there only ever seems to have been under seventy in the UK so these and the even rarer naked BiP are very few and far between here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Of which there only ever seems to have been under seventy in the UK so these and the even rarer naked BiP are very few and far between here.
The UK must not have gotten very many Biposto's then?

Biposto's seem to be more common here in the US than the Mono's which were only sold as a 2006 model year.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I knew of three S models in the whole of scotland, as far as I’m aware mine is the only one that was sold here, there was a chap I knew with one he brought up from down south to aviemore though I’ve not seen him in years and the other one I only heard about as it was in for repair after an accident in Edinburgh, don’t know where it ended up though.

By a coincidence there is a BiP only a few miles away from me here in Ayrshire, haven’t seen it for a bit either.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
I am curious to know what the total number of Sport Classics (all GT's, PS, 1000s, etc.) Ducati sold worldwide?
That is the topic of another thread, one we had a few years ago. I'd recommend searching for it here.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I am curious to know what the total number of Sport Classics (all GT's, PS, 1000s, etc.) Ducati sold worldwide?
That is the topic of another thread, one we had a few years ago. I'd recommend searching for it here.
Yes, I thought of that thread, basically the same as this one. I don't remember a total but will have to look back and see.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I want to make a shirt around the S1000S so i looked for some threads and here are some of the datas. From reading through the threads it seems that the consensus is that actual numbers are impossible to find. The SE is the most rare at 100 units, and people seem to believe there are very close to exactly 100 of those bikes. Next up is the S1000S, nobody seems to agree exactly how many, but "around" 1000 total seems to be a good guess. Blacks are much more rare than Red. Some people have been given numbers from both dealers, people from a factory tour and phone calls/letters from Ducati, that from 600 - 900 S1000S, potentially meaning Red ones..?...were produced.

People thinking almost exactly 100 Sport 1000 SEs
People thinking roughly 2000 Paul Smarts
People thinking roughly 1000 S1000Ss

So i guess if you got the S1000S Black that would seem to be the most rare of all the actual models with actual parts. Otherwise, that special paint SE is where the rarity is at.

------------
Total number of Sport Classic produced is 13,052 over all years

Paul Smart Limited Edition sport. -2247 units
Sport 1000 ( mono and biposto ) - 5724 units
GT1000 sport-classic. - 5081 units

Years:
2005 - 4045 units
2006 - 5123 units
2007 - 1387 units
2008 - 1506 units"

--------------------------------
and from another thread

I think I got this from ducati north america soon after I got my 2008 biposti when I asked them about number produced.
2007 black 240 total/ 69 usa
red 253 total/60 usa
yellow 204 total/109 usa

2008 black 84 total/ 52 usa
red 14 total/ o usa
yellow 0 total/ 0 usa

total for 2007 697 / 238 usa
2008 98 / 52 usa
---------------------------------------

But at the end of the day, if I'm seriously considering collecting/investing, I'm not going to try to make my nut searching out a model with less production numbers but way shittier kit. Meaning...I'm buying the PS if I'm serious about collecting/investing. It's the only SPECIAL Sports Classic not only in paint, but in actual from factory parts.

If you can't afford a PS to invest in, then track down rare ass factory parts like the stacked Termis' or side panels. Those kinds of things are much more likely to be actually impossible to find in very short time. They are already very very very hard to find. How much is a perfect condition stacked Termi system worth? 1/2 of the price of a GT1000 probably!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
But at the end of the day, if I'm seriously considering collecting/investing, I'm not going to try to make my nut searching out a model with less production numbers but way shittier kit. Meaning...I'm buying the PS if I'm serious about collecting/investing. It's the only SPECIAL Sports Classic not only in paint, but in actual from factory parts.
Exactly. Thread Closed.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts