Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2018 Enduro Pro but havent had a chance to ride it. Hoping later today after work or definitely weekend.
I only was given one key fob with the bike and asked the salesman if there was another - the bag he gave me had the manuals, key tumblers, a red key but no fob. Do these just come with one? thanks

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I just picked up a 2018 Enduro Pro but havent had a chance to ride it. Hoping later today after work or definitely weekend.
I only was given one key fob with the bike and asked the salesman if there was another - the bag he gave me had the manuals, key tumblers, a red key but no fob. Do these just come with one? thanks
My 2016 Multi came with just one, as I guess all Ducati's do. It concerned me not to have a spare, so I ordered one. Seems to me that two should be provided at purchase.

- Michael

·
Registered
682 Posts
From what you wrote, you have received two keys: one Fob and one red key which which is electronic and will start the bike when placed near the antenna.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
One fob, one red nearfield key... that's it.

What Ducati owner would ever let anyone else ride their bike... that's just crazy talk. So... you only need one fob (and the red key in case the battery goes dead in the fob)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Semi on-topic. I found the key blade on the fob to be weak at its attachment point. I snapped it off the first week I had the bike. After getting that fixed, I decided I didn’t want to use the fob for my day to day opening of the gas tank or the luggage.

I got a couple non-chipped keys made using the code on the red key tag. Dude at keys4urride.com can make them and mail them to you for not much money. So now I’m less likely to bust an expensive to replace fob, and if I do something dumb like leave a key in one of the pannier locks, no one can start the bike with it. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Or when you break the key off the fob you can do a cheaper solution like this: https://ducatipartsunlimited.com/products/replacement-blade-multistrada-mts-1200-2nd-gen-hands-free-fob. Takes a bit of work on your end as well to fit the key but it's a lot better than a whole new fob. I have considered a non-chipped key for luggage as well.
Good link, thanks. I think you can beat that price at a good locksmith shop. They place I get my keys cut has those blades 'cause it's actually an Audi fob, or at least the same key components as an Audi. Or from some brand in the Volkwagen family, maybe not Audi. It's been a couple years since the guy showed me the parts.

·
Registered
327 Posts
You cannot pair a second key fob. I purchased one, had my AD try to pair it and in the end, after a week of trying, they told me it could not be done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
You cannot pair a second key fob. I purchased one, had my AD try to pair it and in the end, after a week of trying, they told me it could not be done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I had two paired fobs at one time, no issues with that. I'd still have two, but Ducati eventually asked for the broken one back since they replaced it under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
voooow.is that so pricy????:frown2:
Yup... I'm pretty sure they're made of unobtainum and final assembly is done by CEO's in their spare time.

Things should cost fifty bucks or less.... and at 50 they're making a huge profit (I guarantee there's no more than $5 in parts in them).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts