Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,

As some of you may know I had an off last week. Well most of the damage seems to be to the fairings so that's good.

But the blasted bike won't start, I've got the airbox off and the battery's fully charged. The bike spins over and one injector is firing fine, but the other (Horizontal) just refuses to do anything.

I know its not the injector itself, as I swapped the electrical plugs over and it worked fine. i've also checked the ECU lead and that's fine too.

So I'm guessing that leaves ECU itself.

Has anyone else had any experience of this happening?

I've just got my leads for DucatiDiag, will that tell me if the ECU is sending an injector pulse, is this something that can be sorted by reloading the map? Is it likely to be hardware failure of the ECU? Can I buy a second hand ecu and flash it to work with my bike or is it all linked together, key, immobiliser etc?

All and any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
654 Posts
Has the pin been pulled from the plug that fits the ecu (strain on loom in your off)
from the rear of the plug.

brian.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All,

Well this gets more confusing, I've had the DucatiDiag software running on the bike and I can get both injectors and both plugs to fire but when I try and crank the bike over the Horizontal inject simply doesn't fire.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
654 Posts
Find the pin out for the injector thats not working and do
a continuity check on the wire to the injector plug,
it will be in a workshop manual which pin it should be.

brian.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I'm not sure of some of the terminology but are you saying that you have new spark plug wires? Even so, make certain it's making good contact with the plug and coil. Check for resistance in the wire and make especially sure that there is no corrosion in the cap. Mine had a bit of water from washing, corroded somewhat and refused to fire the plug. Cleaning fixed it, applying dialetric grease helps to, plus makes the cap more water resistant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts