Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the clouds relieved me of its downpour - took out my 999s for a spin. Sitting at a stoplight - little girl, maybe 8 years old stopped in the muddle of crosswalk and said " hi I like your bike.". NEVER would happen on jap bike - dime a dozen (not knocking them cuz there fine - just saying). The mom looked at her daughter and me and smirked - she was probably thinking great my kid is going to be a wild one - just had to share. :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
151 Posts
"Hey man, what's wrong with your bike? You know it's making a really bad rattling noise?"

Only on a Ducati. :cool:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yesterday evening I was at the local high school, practicing a cornering technique in the parking lot. At one point, I was slowly looping round the outside of the lot and I passed two 18-ish year old girls walking, looking at me. I nodded a hello....one smiled and giggled, turned red and turned to her friend who was also smiling at me...

...Only with my helmet on

***EDIT*** wait, that sounds like I only had my helmet on....not what I meant ::eek::

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Only on a ducati... that I spend more time wrenching that riding :(
Yep.

I still get stopped at gas stations and crosswalks by curious people. 916s are rare birds in Canada so it always attracts attention. Here in Montreal I know of one Senna I and two 1998s (with Vignelli graphics), but I've never seen one like mine on the street. A couple on the track, yes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have seen adult men go crazy over my bike. Many wished they could buy one. Others literally fall to their needs with their hands on their heads nearly unable to process the sight in front of them. I've heard guys exclaim - that is the meanest thing I've ever heard (after hitting some twisties back & forth real hard). Heard women go "oooohhhh" a Ducati - that's like a Ferrari, right? Heard stories of someone who didn't know tell one of their friends - the reaction was like, Your boyfriend rides a Ducati? Wow. Have been pulled over and should've received many tickets when the cop said he was only following me to check my bike out - proceeded to tell me how he binned his jap bike at nearby intersection and let me go - without any citations.

Only on a Ducati.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
The other day at the stop light some guy asked, "Can it have sex?"

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
The first day I had my 748R it was in the driveway after being shipped across the country. Around noon I heard the mail truck drive by, as it always does, however on this day I heard the truck stop, the engine shut off and the door open and close. Thinking it odd I came down from my office to find the mailman in the driveway looking at the bike. He explained that he had previously owned a 916, which he regretted selling, and that he had never seen one of the 916 based R's. We spoke for almost 30 minutes before he took off in a rush to get back to his route.

Only on a Ducati

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does it have sex

Had a friend tell me he would let me have sex with his girlfriend if i let him ride my 916. Joking of course or was he i still denied the offer.

ONLY A DUCATI ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
According to my colleague at work when I start the engine the floor in our office starts vibrating - the office is on the second floor in a building which is about 15 yards away from where the bike is parked :) No other bike parked there is causing earthquakes :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pulled up at a stop light....

"Yo dawg is dat a nine nine nine?!"
"Yep!"
"Dat jawn is sick yo!"

Pulled away...

Only on my 696... (RIP)

·
Premium Member
12,283 Posts
ALWAYS wave at kids with their young mothers...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not long after getting my 916 I pulled up at the lights and looked to the right while waiting and seen a little boy with face planted hard against the window staring at which point I looked the other way to see a chick just about undressing at the sight of the bike. Thought to myself that never happened on the other bike :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pulled up at a stop light....

"Yo dawg is dat a nine nine nine?!"
"Yep!"
"Dat jawn is sick yo!"

Pulled away...

Only on my 696... (RIP)

Now that is FUNNY!!! My EX-girlfriend would tell people in the middle of conversations, "Sam has two Ducatis". I always wondered why until I finally caught myself riding one for four hours in the morning and the other for four hours in the evening. She was clearly jealous...

Only On A Ducataaaa!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yesterday I was riding through Coronado Island on my way to the harbor. Tons of people out doin stuff for the 4th. At one intersection I stopped and was waiting for a group of people to cross. Got a chuckle at the guy near the front of the group, walking next to a gorgeous girl in a bikini, staring at my bike until he was so far past he almost had to rotate his body to keep looking. He probably thought I was staring him down, but really I was just checkin out the chick next to him.

·
Registered
194 Posts
[QUOTE maybe 8 years old stopped in the muddle of crosswalk and said " hi I like your bike."[/QUOTE]

She's got a good taste.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
Had a friend tell me he would let me have sex with his girlfriend if I let him ride my 916. Joking of course or was he. I still denied the offer.

ONLY A DUCATI ;)
You don't deserve a Ducati, you should have taken his girl for a ride. ;)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts