Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a great thread in the superbikes section..

Tell us your experience or stories with the Streetfighter on the road.

Yesterday I was at the stoplights and a guy in his van started shouting at me.. Claiming that was his dreambike.. When the lights turned green , I blasted ahead with a nice powerwheelie which I'm sure would've made him smile. Only on a Ducati Streetfighter ;)

I ride with an open clutchcover.... At the stoplights I have seen women roll up their windows to soften the noise of my clutch. hehe

When I come along , I have seen men roll down their windows just so they could hear me pass by.

People looking at my bike , trying to talk with me.

Kids , men holding up their thumb whenever I pass them..

On the other hand I also had many people trying to challenge me or my Streetfighter on the road.. Or people trying hard to impress or drive away from me.

Yesterday I was filtering through traffic when the lights were red.. The lights went green and the guy just disregarded me and nearly ran me over when I was between 2 cars. Probably didn't like the sound of my clutch ;)

Recently had a car overtaking me from the righthandside doing 100mph IN A CITY !!!!!

Looking forward to your stories or experiences

·
Registered
223 Posts
Riding from Myrtle Beach to Charleston, SC there is a stretch of road for about 8 miles. I was running about 80-85 and passed a Corvette. I run with an open clutch cover and Double Dog 134DD exhaust - I HEARD this guy jump on it, seen the front end of the vette rise and here we go. He finally quit when I shifted to 6th after redlining in 5th.

Had a lady yell "your bike is obnoxiously loud and you are waking up my children in the back seat - do you have to have it that loud?"

Riding down the street, downtown, and watch the people turn their heads to see what the commotion is. <---- All time Favorite!!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Riding from Myrtle Beach to Charleston, SC there is a stretch of road for about 8 miles. I was running about 80-85 and passed a Corvette. I run with an open clutch cover and Double Dog 134DD exhaust - I HEARD this guy jump on it, seen the front end of the vette rise and here we go. He finally quit when I shifted to 6th after redlining in 5th.
Redlining at 5th ?? You must have been hugging your tank then :cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Very, and using my feet to keep me pushed forward on the tank.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Had quite a few people walk up when I park the bike somewhere and say "Wow Ducati has come a long way!"

Some guy tried asking me questions about the bike at a red light, but every time it turned green I would speed off, and we'd continue our conversation at the next red light.

The backfiring draws a ton of attention. Quite a few BMW drivers have challenged me (and/or tried to block me in traffic) but they'll never learn :rolleyes:

My neighbor thinks it looks like a space ship!

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Pulled into Newcombs Ranch last Wednesday, there were a about 50 bikes there. Within a minute there are a few guys looking and talking about it, and one says to his friend, "God, those Ducatis are addicting."

I pulled into a restaurant parking lot, and this girl and guy are sitting on the tailgate of thier Subaru. I've barely got my helmet off and she is already flirting. Lifting her hair up and turning sideways to show herself off. This guy starts getting so mad I'm afraid he is going tackle me on the spot, so I hurry inside.

The one that happens the most? Guys come up and ask, "Is that a Monster?"

·
Registered
223 Posts
The one that happens the most? Guys come up and ask, "Is that a Monster?"
I hate that one... has happened me more than a dozen times.. my answer is way too simple... No.. hahaha leaves them hanging waiting to hear what it is..

That is until they ask again.. "then what is it!?!" kills them everytime..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a Ferrari greet me by revving his engine.

Met a 848 Streetfighter showed my fist and put my thumb up and the guy wheelied infront of me. Made me smile :)

Also alot of envy from cardrivers with loud exhausts , mods and trying to be a race car. Pushing other cars aside and you just fly by like it's nothing. They.........don't............appreciate it :). But always gives me a smile behind my helmet ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Aggressively downshifting while passing a really rough biker bar in town and watching them all stop in mid conversation to see what the hell was riding by. I'll never forget the look of confusion on their faces.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Random people at stop lights asking what kind of bike it is. Young guys at stop lights with their baffeless mufflers trying to out shout my baffeless Akro exhausts...simply no contest :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't know why, but guys in pickup trucks try to race me all the time when I'm on my SF. I haven't figured out why yet but it doesn't happen when I'm on my RC.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't know why, but guys in pickup trucks try to race me all the time when I'm on my SF. I haven't figured out why yet but it doesn't happen when I'm on my RC.
I don't get raced by trucks but I have add multiple cars try to race me which never happened when I was riding a full fairing sportbike. Honestly, I think these knuckleheads think they have a chance because it's not a full fairing motorcycle, therefore they think it's slower. Either that or they just want to see you gun it. Kinda like when I have Honda Accords trying to race my Audi RS6. They know they don't have a shot in hell but they still want to see you fly.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
When I ride my SFS I usually ride in areas without much traffic. I didn't have the bike very long when this happened to me. The bike was still completely stock. I was out on a ride and was on my way home. I was approaching a stop sign with a minivan in front of me. I wasn't close to the rear of this minivan at all. The van gets to the stop sign and the driver doesn't take his turn to get onto the two lane highway. I'm starting to wonder what's wrong. Then he puts his four way flashers on and starts waving me around him. I thought he had car trouble. So I pulled along side of him to see if he was alright. He starts shouting at me out the window "I thought that was one of those"! Apparently he was eyeing me from his rearview mirror and recognized the headlight from pictures he saw in a magazine. Since then I've made some modifications with the exhaust and clutch. The increased exhaust and clutch noise hasn't helped with the staring and eyeing the bike. I think it's even worse now.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Once I pulled up to a stoplight alongside a souped Civic. He gunned it at the green and I took my time up to the next light. I got up next to him and said, "You're joking, right?"
He looked down, blushed, and meakly said, "Yes."

The BEST time was when I ws minding my own business on the way home from work, cruising at about 70mph or so. I spied a Maserati about to turn onto the road and we made eye contact as I passed.
Still minding my own business in the #1 lane, I saw him rapidly approaching in the #2 lane. He was easily going 100mph+. I let him get a couple car lengths behind me and then pinned it, dusting his ASS. I let him catch up to me again and when he was behind me I put up my hand and wagged my finger at him, like you would to a little kid.
He didn't try passing me again.

Great thread, by the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Almost every time I ride. The lane clears in front of me like the parting of the red sea. The Termis on my bike have the DB killers out and are LOUD. Not sure if people want to see me ride by or what but it's nice because I'm always on time to where I'm going!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Almost every time I ride. The lane clears in front of me like the parting of the red sea. The Termis on my bike have the DB killers out and are LOUD. Not sure if people want to see me ride by or what but it's nice because I'm always on time to where I'm going!
Baffles out....:yeah:

·
Registered
96 Posts
i love this, happens all the time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ah, now my story.
Coming off the mountain just cruising along when an Escalade pulling a Porsche on a trailer passes me going down the mountain. He had out of state plates so he probably doesn't know this mountain and curves at all. Some of these corners are 20-30 mph and the whole mountain is a 7% grade.
I'm starting to smell his brakes and decide to get around him and he doesn't like it. I pass him doing around 100-110 and he's right behind me, until his trailer brakes catch on fire. Only then does he slow down. I couldn't believe it.

I've also had people at stoplights tell me that 'somethings wrong with your bike' (must be the open clutch) and trucks and anything else with wheels think they have a shot at winning a race with me.
It brings out people who love bikes and hate them.
Once I pulled up to a stoplight alongside a souped Civic. He gunned it at the green and I took my time up to the next light. I got up next to him and said, "You're joking, right?"
He looked down, blushed, and meakly said, "Yes."

The BEST time was when I ws minding my own business on the way home from work, cruising at about 70mph or so. I spied a Maserati about to turn onto the road and we made eye contact as I passed.
Still minding my own business in the #1 lane, I saw him rapidly approaching in the #2 lane. He was easily going 100mph+. I let him get a couple car lengths behind me and then pinned it, dusting his ASS. I let him catch up to me again and when he was behind me I put up my hand and wagged my finger at him, like you would to a little kid.
He didn't try passing me again.

Great thread, by the way.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts