Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working, and continue to work on, a little project of mine.

DesmoDuck Part Fiche

I don't have the following in the database now due to formatting issues.
2001 Monster 600
2001 748
2001 748R
2001 996
2001 ST4s
2002 998
2002 998R
2003 748
2005 620 Dark Single Disc
2008 Desmosedici D16RR Engine
2008 Desmosedici D16RR Frame
2011 1198

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
That is very useful.
Keep up the good work.:)

·
Registered
503 Posts
+1 on this!

Vesrah, your site has been really helpful when trying to sort out issues with electrical compatibility. I'm trying to learn how to use the "part subtract" feature to convert my bike into a SC1000 with fairing. :cool:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 on this!

Vesrah, your site has been really helpful when trying to sort out issues with electrical compatibility. I'm trying to learn how to use the "part subtract" feature to convert my bike into a SC1000 with fairing. :cool:
I think it'd be cool to move wiring pinouts to something like this, but after this I am very shy to the idea of manual entry - and Ducati seems to shift their PDF format around on a whim. :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
"Owner manuals" on the Ducati "Maintenance.do" site post-2007 usually include a wiring diagram as the last page the PDF.

PDFs pre-2004 usually don't have any wiring diagram, and it's been an absolute bear finding them! If they don't have a digital service manual with the diagram I'm usually out of luck. (I've got some common ones by begging/borrowing/googling that I'd be more than happy to send you, but the vast majority of paper-only wiring diagrams are missing.)

Also, some bikes (ST4S) have glitched PDFs with two copies of the ABS wiring diagram (and no standard wiring diagram). So those ones I have to use my guess at wiring.

I am thankful Ducati is generous enough to at least host manuals past their self-stated 10-year limit. Still, I worry what will come after that.
So MASSIVE kudos to you and your site! :D Blows everything else out of the water. It's the RealOEM.com for Ducatis!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Try this link for cross-referencing OEM parts.

A master cross reference database is available through Millway corporations website at this link. They include many of the historical parts lists too. I use this routinely for my 1993 750SS.

Millway Corporation Pty Ltd - 1200 S GT USA 2013

Pick your bike, pick your part, scroll down the list and pick the details button for your part.

Millways is no longer a Ducati dealer, but have made their database available.

Mike

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'll domain-squat BMWBunny for you. :)
Although RealOEM may have that covered.

Great job! Did you notice any Aprilia bikes using Ducati parts?
Or would that fall under a different type of cross reference?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll domain-squat BMWBunny for you. :)
Although RealOEM may have that covered.

Great job! Did you notice any Aprilia bikes using Ducati parts?
Or would that fall under a different type of cross reference?
Yeah, I think Real-OEM would be impossible to beat. :)

Aprilias use a different part naming scheme, but I've noticed that MotoGuzzi has some Aprilia part numbers / Aprilia uses some MotoGuzzi part numbers. GU prefix, AP prefix.

Either way, I've been doing this for free and it's time to move into doing it for aircraft parts in the private domain. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts