Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After recently putting a new battery in my '13 Monster 1100 Evo, I've lost both the left indicators. Re-wired both sets at the tail and up front and problem remains. If I switch the indicator leads they will fire so it is not bulbs. I'd like to build a little troubleshooting list to go through before I start taking it apart and pulling wires out but need some help doing so.

Is it possible its the actual switch on the handlebar? It did take a hit recently when a drunk knocked it over while parked, but the timing of the problem starting with the new battery going in makes me think otherwise. The signal light on the dash still flashes (although at the increased rate as if a bulb is out) so this makes me believe the switch is still sending signal.

Is there a separate fuse for each side of indicators? Not too out of reach for a fresh battery to blow a fuse, or to have accidentally shorted something putting the battery in, but would only one side go out if this were the case?

Is it more likely I just knocked something loose?

I also have a Scorpio alarm installed which clips into the indicator wires in the tail, if that makes any difference.

I'm definitely mechanically inclined but less so electrically, still do all my work myself though.

Any help is much appreciated! Don't need any extra reasons to get pulled over! lol

Also if this should be posted in the bike specific forum vs this one feel free to move it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone interested...

After about 8 hours of work, finally found out it was a short between terminal posts in the turn signal light fixture. Go figure. Doesn't really make sense as the first thing I tested was switching the leads on the lights and it worked. Also curious as to how these got so bent as to be in contact with each other :crazy:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts