Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my HM on the lift for a few days recently and was able to get a close look at the bottom of the engine. Turns out, as others have warned, that most of the paint has been blasted off by road grit thrown up by the front wheel - it's a mess under there.

I've now got the DP sump plate on order for after I've cleaned/repainted. I considered the stainless Avventurosa version the higher initial cost plus taxes/shipping from the US is a factor - and I prefer the look of the DP one.
Hopefully that will sort out the underside of the engine but, having just had the front cylinder replaced on warranty I'm keen to stop that getting chipped. The valve cover is already looking grim...

The OE bikini front mudguard/fender is almost useless in this respect - does anybody know of a more substantial one piece carbon front guard to replace both this and the OE fork guards?
Any other Ducati's have something suitable?

I'm after something angular looking to complement the bike's design.

I've done various searches without much success, so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Somebody must have fitted one...?

Surely somebody has gone this route?

There are def. people out there who have removed the front 'beak' - which must dictate a bigger/better one piece front fender afterwards?

I'm really don't want to ride the HM until this is sorted - and that's not easy...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Are you talking about the Skid plate ?

I have the DP skidplate.... its alright... what is Avventurosa ? post pics ...

I agree its a crappy solution there has to be something better...

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I'm also interested in alternative fender options. I'm sure you could "make" the fender from another Ducati model work and I'm sure some would be better suited than others. I haven't done this yet, but you might spend some time at a dealership taking measurements of different fender's bolt patterns/placement etc... Anything is possible. Just depends on how much you want to spend, cut and mod.

If you do, let us know.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I believe Treadmarks has used them for a front fender, perhaps he can chime in here.

Link to site:
http://www.strada-avventurosa.com/
I did install the acerbis EVO supermoto fender on my Uly. It went really well and does a much better job protecting the bike and the rider than the factory "beak" much like the hyper.

I am sure the same concept will work on the hyper after you get around the headlight part.

More here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts