1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would really like one but approx $600 plus install seems unlikely

·
Registered
132 Posts
Check out the scrub on the front tire...looks like this bike has seen some track days!!

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
I like the seat cover that makes it look like a single seater. how do they do that... is it a plastic covering or just painted vinyl?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
On the ebay auction, the seat is listed at 350euros.
That gives you an idea of what is cost to refurbish a DP seat to make it match a custom paintjob.

·
Registered
592 Posts
its not that bling, its stock motor and forks (explains the wear on front as its been pushed super hard in the corners to hot tear out like that)

that track hyper I showed the other week was a way better buy

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Anyway, one of the coolest, but not THE coolest:
Obviously spared no expense with the chilli bin and plastic containers only to have the system let down by the purple coloured bungies, step it up man image is everything so surely you could stump for some blue ones!

Ouwh and clean ya screen. :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: The Blue Jug Special...
Yee-haw! It's amazing how these artsy Italian bikes respond to accessorizing.
And he now sports titanic fuel range without a pricey custom-fit tank.

I happen to know Chouch has footboards and a gun rack on the way... ;)
it is a work in progress!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'm gonna disappoint both of you... but the blue-jug special is not mine :(

But now that I think about it, it would have been way cheaper and convenient to buy this blue-containers setup than Guido's Bayliss paintjob.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I was a little disappointed with the build up in the thread title................................I thought for sure that there would be some pictures of a RSD bike. This seems like just another paint job and some bolts ons. Oh and some wheel pinstripes. :think:

RSD and OCC for me! You know you want some too. :cool:

Out!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its not that bling, its stock motor and forks
That is why its great... Someone finally did a Hyper with some thought and creativity to the paint design instead of just throwing cash at bling parts and bolting on unpainted carbon fiber panels everywhere. Sure, it could have a built motor and all that stuff, but obviously that wasn't their aim. It still has the stock reseviors and other parts.... It's probably just a bike for some company guys to run some sessions, then park it for the advertising, and for the spectators to drool over. I really like the way the carbon fiber just peeks through on the shrouds...it just looks trick as shit

The bike inspires me because it shows that with paint and some creativity a stock Hyper can really be transformed. I'd love to have an extra set of panels that were painted like that and then the stock ones then just with a switch of the panels I could have a cool looking track day bike or go back to the cool stock look and feel like I have 2 different Hypers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts