Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am baffled, the error code comes up 10.2 (horizontal cylinder grounded to earth) I have ruled out the coils, as i swapped them and the same code comes up. I also checked for continuity from ecm plug to coil plug. Still same code, Any ideas?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wtf?

I am baffled, the comes comes up 10.2 (horizontal cylinder grounded to earth) I have ruled out the coils, as i swapped them and the same code comes up. I also checked for continuity from ecm plug to coil plug. Still same code, Any ideas?
Yes, what the hell are you talking about?

Please provide information and the freaskishly intelligent and astute staff on this "forum" will provide you with the best answer within their abilities.

Seriously.

What are you talking about?

1. model, any modifications
2. problem
3. ideas?

-Bob

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry , 03 749 I checked everything i could think of , no bad wires,coils checked out good, what else for that fault code?

No mods all stock.
just had major service 2k ago ( belts ,valves , plugs , fluids etc)

·
comrade moderator
26,764 Posts
Does it run ok and is just throwing codes, or is it running on one cylinder?

If it's running good, try unhooking, cleaning, and reinstalling the battery connections.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
running on one cylinder, maybe 5% of the time it fires on two. battery connections are good,would a bad plug throw that code?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Check on the right rear side of your airbox. There is an aircraft type bayonet electrical fixing that screws in. Make sure all the pins on the inside of the plug is seated correctly.
Follow that loom where it passes bewteen the two cylinders and make sure you do not have any wire damage.

Plus one on making sure that battery terminal connections are OK

SF

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well your probably not getting either spark or fuel. Check to see if the plugs are sparking then check to see if the injectors are firing.
While your there watch the radiator fan, see if it occasionally turns on for a second when you turn the key on.
Right , When i pulled the plug i excpected it to be wet but it was dry and light brown. I will check the fan when i get back to the shop.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check on the right rear side of your airbox. There is an aircraft type bayonet electrical fixing that screws in. Make sure all the pins on the inside of the plug is seated correctly.
Follow that loom where it passes bewteen the two cylinders and make sure you do not have any wire damage.

Plus one on making sure that battery terminal connections are OK

SF
Thats the only plug i didnt unplug and check , I will check that also. Battery connections are good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any other thoughts on what could be the issue ? , Otherwise she goes to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I had all the wiring un taped and found no chaffing,melting,broken,etc..I dont have a wiring diagram so not knowing what color goes to what is a problem. I could isolate the coil wires ,but the injection wires i am not sure.

At this point (about 8 hours ) I think the dealer may have better luck , they must have the diagram ! And probably a better understanding of the system.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys , Dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well , Bad news its not a cheap fix ! Dealer says its the ECU , couldnt get any worse than that . As long as she runs good when i get her back. The cold weather is just around the corner. Maybe it won't be so hot in traffic,HaHa!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts