Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got a chance to fiddle with the ride height on the Hyper this weekend in hopes of gaining some ground clearance. I'm also a cheap bastard and I'm trying to put off buying rear sets :)

I jacked up the rear so there are 4 threads showing and dropped the forks so they are flush with the triples. This gave me nearly 1" more clearance (measure from the ground to the bottom of the peg). I'll probably still need some rearsets for track visits, but for street use I think this is the way she should have come setup from the factory. This has given me a bunch more corner clearance... mission accomplished!

If you have an "S" (or a standard with the adjustable link) and haven't tried adjusting the ride height, I highly recommend it before forking out the cash for new pegs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't that cause your turn in to take a dump?
Nope. Raising the rear end typically sharpens the steering, but can cause a loss of high-speed stability. Raising the front has the opposite effect, it will slow your steering and improve stability (to an extent). By raising the rear and front, you can roughly maintain the same geometry (note, I didn't take the time to measure the rake and trail afterwards, I was going by feel). Just keep some notes of how much you changed so you can go back if you don't like it.

If you are already tippy-toeing the bike, you may not want to do this. I'm 6'3", so for me, it's not a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts