Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Skip ahead to about 3:40 for wide open roads and a much faster pace.

Beautiful picturesque day for a ride. The cruiser to my right (@ 3:40) is my brother-in-law's father, with my dad on a 2k12 Goldwing, my bro-in-law on a Buell XB9, and his friend on a R6. Some pretty awesome road and footage from this point on.

Don't forget to watch in HD and crank up the volume. Actually you should just watch it on YT for proper widescreen HD viewing.

At about 4k feet altitude, so she's way down on power and lots of popping on decel.

FWIW: I'm in full gear, head to toe. I'm well aware that at any time a deer or any other critter could jump out in front of me from the forest to the side of the road while doing 100+ mph. That would suck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Very cool man...thanks for sharing. You might have sold me on those CRG Arrow mirrors. I was going to just get the cheaper lane splitters both the Arrow's look pretty slick. Did anybody else happen to notice the pink Shelby Cobra roll by? WTF?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Which camera and mount are you using? What did you use to edit and encode?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which camera and mount are you using? What did you use to edit and encode?
GoPro HD Hero2 shot in 720p/60fps. Solidly mounted via one of the GoPro "receptacles" that is double-back sticky taped to my tank just behind the gascap. I'm also running an external microphone in my camelback to improve audio fidelity and cut down on wind noise.

This video is completely raw, uploaded to YT straight from the 32gb SDHC card I recorded to. My "go-to" editing software is Adobe Premiere Elements 9/10 on Windows, though I just acquired a copy of Final Cut Pro for Apple/OSx, and am in the process of learning that as well since I find myself in OSx more than Windows.

PS. Highfive for another bay area SF rider :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I downloaded an app by MacProVideo.com called Final Cut Pro Tutorials. Video tutorials, worked pretty well for me.

PS: As it turns out I am also an East Bay Toyota Tacoma driver. lol. We should connect for a ride sometime. I just took some video on Mt Hamilton Rd and Del Puerto Canyon Rd I'll post up in a little while.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I downloaded an app by MacProVideo.com called Final Cut Pro Tutorials. Video tutorials, worked pretty well for me.

PS: As it turns out I am also an East Bay Toyota Tacoma driver. lol. We should connect for a ride sometime. I just took some video on Mt Hamilton Rd and Del Puerto Canyon Rd I'll post up in a little while.
Right on. Sounds like a plan. Let's exchange contact info via PM.

That's one ride I haven't had the chance to do in a while (or ever on the SF-S). Hoping to give it another go sometime this summer. I'm always torn if I want to continue on to Mines Rd into Livermore, or take Del Puerto Canyon which while nice, dumps you out in the middle of nowheresville along I-5. Not a good place to crash or breakdown! Sweet road though. Hot!

I usually find myself on the peninsula or Santa Cruz mountains. Need to check out more north-bay roads. Mt Diablo anyone?!

·
Registered
105 Posts
We road out to Del Puerto and back then took Mines up to Livermore where we got lunch (The Junction was packed). Then slabbed it back home (I live in Castro Valley/Hayward). Long ride, but awesome. Those roads are my favorite BA roads for my SF. SC Mtns have too many LEOs and too much traffic... That said, the payment is pretty coarse and will shred your tires in a hurry.

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Hammer Down
2023 Multi V4S
2,268 Posts
Cool video, thanks for sharing. I'm curious what speed you got up to there, it's hard to tell in the video. Looks like some decent leaning too but again it could just be the video that made it seem like you were about to lay down with the bike.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool video, thanks for sharing. I'm curious what speed you got up to there, it's hard to tell in the video. Looks like some decent leaning too but again it could just be the video that made it seem like you were about to lay down with the bike.
I think I was going 130-140ish at the fastest in this video. I'd gone a little faster in another video from the same day messing around with a local on a CBR1k; He motioned to me to "pin it" when we found a several mile long straight section of backroads. I'm going to post that video soon :)

She was leaning pretty far over. There was zero chicken strip left on that rear tire, and only about a quarter inch strip on either side of the front tire. It's so hard to get rid of the front strips on the street. That said, I don't *try* -- That would just be foolish on public roads. Not that the speed I was carrying was any less foolish ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Hammer Down
2023 Multi V4S
2,268 Posts
That said, I don't *try* -- That would just be foolish on public roads. Not that the speed I was carrying was any less foolish ;)
I don't judge! Man...130-140, wow. I've always ridden Harleys (I've been about 115 on those) so I have no idea what that kind of speed feels like. I had a Monster S2R 1k for a few months that I traded on the SF 848, my point being that I'm a bit of a newb on a motorcycle with this capability. Keep the rubber side down and keep posting those fantastic videos.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here's a short highlights ride from last weekend. (1080P if you crank it up)

Today I was out riding Lucas Valley Road and had another bird hit me in the helmet. This one was square in the visor!! Glad I'm not a HD guy, I'd be dead.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a short highlights ride from last weekend. (1080P if you crank it up)

Today I was out riding Lucas Valley Road and had another bird hit me in the helmet. This one was square in the visor!! Glad I'm not a HD guy, I'd be dead.
Nice man! Looks like a blast. I miss Del Puerto Cyn. I need to get out there again. Are you riding today?

·
Registered
105 Posts
No riding today. Only reason why I was out on LVR yesterday was because I was picking up my SF from the Factory Pro Tuners (getting it dyno'd) in San Rafael. Heading out to Shasta Mountains next weekend, so owe family time today!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.