Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a break in the crappy weather today I decided to bite the bullet and take a quick inaugural ride on my rebuilt ST4s. It's also my first ride since the crash last September! :eek:

Only did 50 miles but it was all so sweet! Like putting on an old glove, I got right back into the swing of things. First couple of miles were a bit hairy since I haven't ridden my ST4s for almost 1.5 years, but I quickly remembered how smooth she is and how easily the power rolls on. Magic! :cool:

The good news is that the ride had no effect whatsoever on my damaged arm and shoulder. No pain, no discomfort, no weakness. Strangely enough though, my ribs ached a little! My broken ribs healed quickly after the accident but they clearly aren't 100% yet.

My riding spidy-sense is a little rusty. Will need a few more rides before my riding instincts are as sharp as they used to be. Also found myself a little hesitant to lean much in the corners (understandably!). Didn't feel nervous though, so I think I'm just rusty.

So, it's good to be back on 2 wheels again. I'll remain a fair weather rider for now until I get my full confidence back. I have a Jeep now so I don't have to suit up to go shopping any more. :D

·
Administrator
12,299 Posts
This is really good to hear Mark! Yeah!!!

·
Still needs a life.
12,531 Posts
Congratulations. Now start training, as I have three rides lined up for you before summer.
Now that he is back in action, I will do my part to insure that this living legend from the PNW becomes the first member of the ST clubhouse to put 100,000 miles on his ST4s.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Have you informed the local authorities or did you want to let them figure it out .....?

The rib pain will subside as you shift from manical laughter to giggling while riding. Glad to hear you're back in the saddle again!

·
Still needs a life.
12,531 Posts
Now that he is back in the saddle again, Mark will be able to resume his karaoke tour of the PNW. Randy the X Man captured Mark's debute in 2006 during our Spring Break ride to Lewiston, ID. To relive this historic moment, advance the video to the 6:12 mark if you don't want a warmup ride through some beautiful Northern Idaho scenery.
http://www.nwbikers.com/VID_PNWSpringBreak.html

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Welcome back. The joy of riding is just an awesome feeling when you get back out. My first rides back gave me the most incredible rush, I'm glad you are feeling it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts