Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so while keeping my eyes open for new wheels, what models have wheels that will fit a 916? i know 748/916/996/998 will work, but what about the other bikes?s

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
848 and that's about it. Brake spacing isn't the same on all models but not difficult to sort. I like the five spokers that are on the later superbikes.

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Single sided swing arm Monster S2r and S4r, but not the S4rs (one with the 998 engine). I have S2r rims on my 916. Bolt right on, front and rear. When they went to the 5 bolt rotors, you loose mechanical speedo drive. People have made them fit with spacers and such, but you also have to use new rotors and figure out a speedo. Guy with a 748 on here a few years back used a bicycle speedo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i LOVED the wheels on my S4RS... lol. damn...

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Single sided swing arm Monster S2r and S4r, but not the S4rs (one with the 998 engine). I have S2r rims on my 916. Bolt right on, front and rear. When they went to the 5 bolt rotors, you loose mechanical speedo drive. People have made them fit with spacers and such, but you also have to use new rotors and figure out a speedo. Guy with a 748 on here a few years back used a bicycle speedo.
S2r are 5 spoke superbike and I think S4r are 848.

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
S2r are 5 spoke superbike and I think S4r are 848.
S4r with the DQ 996 are the same 5 spoke SBK rims. The S4rs had the 998 engine and made the move to 5 bolt fronts. 999 era, and probably 848 stuff. Talking about the fronts here. Any small axle SSSA rear will fit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What year is your 916? Are you replacing the stock wheels? If they are early "Ducati Racing" wheels and in great shape I have several nice sets of mags I would be willing to trade? Just a thought.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what year is your 916? Are you replacing the stock wheels? If they are early "ducati racing" wheels and in great shape i have several nice sets of mags i would be willing to trade? Just a thought.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts