Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for some input... i have a chance to purchase an 08 hypermotard that is a dealer demo. carbon front and rear fender, full single race exhaust, dp steering dampener, and dp seat. the dealer will sell it for 9k plus fees =10otd. it is the standard not an s but has a lot of goodies. i have seen some out there for sale cheaper but most are in stock trim. originally i wanted an s but this bike won't break the bank with extras after i bring it home. any reason to get an 09 vs an 08? anyone really think the 's' is a "must have"? thanks for your help!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. My 08 was about 9500 out the door with only the race seat and a set of frame sliders (which just came in handy by the way. First thing you should do when you take the bike home. Saved all my pretty shiny, expensive bits). Bike had 2600 miles on it. BUY IT!!!!!

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
it seems like that bike has all the "intelligent" goodies. Don't worry about the S.. suspension sucks anyway, and the brakes completely overpower it... I'm considering putting some less aggressive pads on them to make them less grabby. price is good, 09 has nothing different to it. Great deal.. don't let it go

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks fellas... just made my decision. (plus the wife said it was okay)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. My 08 was about 9500 out the door with only the race seat and a set of frame sliders (which just came in handy by the way. First thing you should do when you take the bike home. Saved all my pretty shiny, expensive bits). Bike had 2600 miles on it. BUY IT!!!!!
Just wondering what kind of frame sliders you have and what did they protect in your case?
sorry to steal the thread..

·
Registered
611 Posts
duckhead said: thanks fellas... just made my decision. (plus the wife said it was okay)

"Hey honey...

My Ducati dealer has an STD. I think I'll go get it from him. Maybe I'll even share it with you, Okay?"

"Thanks Doll. You're a peach!"

·
Registered
256 Posts
Buy it. I bought a demo non-S with 150 miles, a 2-1 Termi, DP race seat and a bit of carbon here and there. I've got no regrets. I made my missus think that it was a good deal by mumbling something abut the cost of the S new. It put the wind up her and she encouraged me to go get the demo before someone else did. I doubt I would have noticed the difference with the S extras and the Termi pipe give it a sound to die for.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I like the speedy moto frame sliders. like i said, they kept the shiny bits from hitting the ground, only damage was the mirror/handguards (totally fixable, great design by ducati on those. hard to explain but lets just say that some thin plastic broke and the handguard portion broke away from the mirror, allowing for an easy fix rather than having to replace the whole thing.)and the exhaust covering side panel didnt fare so well. full replacement needed. That being said, could have been much worse and the speedy motos performed as advertised. plus you can use them to strech your legs on longer rides. like highway pegs :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't know if it is such a great deal.. I am selling my 08 HM and some tool calls and tells me that the dealers up north are selling new "S" models for $8000. I asked him to tell me where this dealership was because I am heading there and buying as many as I could so I can resell them and make some money. He had no answer for that. He said my bike wasn't in his price range. Then why bother calling? I don't call someone selling a Ferrari and tell them I had been looking for a Hyundai but thought they may be willing to sell there Ferrari to me for the same price as what I was willing to pay for the Hyundai.
I hate it when people think that just because times are tough, everything has become worthless and you are lucky to get anything for what your selling.

I digress, you got a nice deal on your purchase.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was it from DeSimone or what dealer in NJ ? Just curious got a letter from them going out of business the day before Thanksgiving.

yes it was desimone. i picked the bike up last saturday and i'm glad i got it. it is a nice addition to the garage. as far as a deal, i'm happy with what i got for the money.

thanks for the positive words (mostly)

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes it was desimone. i picked the bike up last saturday and i'm glad i got it. it is a nice addition to the garage. as far as a deal, i'm happy with what i got for the money.

thanks for the positive words (mostly)

Congrats on the score.

It's a nice bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts