Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a long search, it turns out a friend of a friend has one and has agreeed to sell it. My question to you guys is how do I know it was an authentic Titanium (1 of 200 imported). The bike does have 15K miles but all documented receipts from ducati for all services. While I'm looking over the bike, is there anything I should be looking for specifically?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

·
Registered
306 Posts
So after a long search, it turns out a friend of a friend has one and has agreeed to sell it. My question to you guys is how do I know it was an authentic Titanium (1 of 200 imported). The bike does have 15K miles but all documented receipts from ducati for all services. While I'm looking over the bike, is there anything I should be looking for specifically?

I do not think that there is anything on the bike that will tell you that its an authentic titanium grey 748S. The only difference with this and other 748S of the same year is the body color and the wheels. The bike looks good with the colors (and from what I heard only 200 were imported) but unfortunately its not really classified as a collectors bike; nothing like a 748R. I would look for the service records though.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I would think you could call Ducati or any dealer and have them run the VIN. Should tell you what the original options were on the bike. Did that when I picked up my 748. Apparently it was originally a monoposto lol, who knew.

Good luck with it.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
It's a gorgeous color, but there is nothing to verify. It is not a "Senna". There is no such thing as a "Senna". It is not lighter, faster, or improved in any other way. Enjoy it for what it is.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Yes, I was referring to the imaginary "748 Senna". The 916 Senna is no myth.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys. Went over it anally. Everything checked out. Mint mint! I rode her the 100 miles home!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats!!! :D

They may not be "collectible", but that color combo is so damn gorgeous! :cool:

·
Mama tried
1,484 Posts
Nice bike. Who gives a rats ass if its collectible or not:rolleyes:. ride the hell out of it.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Congrats. It does look fantastic.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Congrats on the bike. Those are truly beautiful bikes. I have a friend that had one in his lobby at work on display. BTW - The titanium color 748's were Neiman Marcus Edition 748s' or the 748L as no Senna's were made in 748 trim. I passed up on buying one prior to getting my 2000 748S, it was still in the crate. I still regret not picking it up back then. I know they were made in 1998 but past that I don't know. I would assume that any Ducati dealer should be able to run the VIN for verification. Congrats again and enjoy your purchase!

BTW - see you're in NJ also. Maybe I'll see that gorgeous bike on the road one day

edit - Am I correct in assuming it's a 2002 748S? If so ignore the 748L stuff

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^ Yes I moved to Point Pleasant NJ a few months ago. So far I love the bike and the area !

If you live near by let me know, i'm always down for a ride.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
All mono. None Senna.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Looks great!!!!!

My favorite look for a ducati. And FYI, i picked up a part for my 999 this past weekend the local dealer (erico motorsports) had one for sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts