Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I think I erred in posting this to a sticky yesterday, as this is def a current issue :) Here's what I wrote then:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Brad and thank you very much for making these videos. I'm adjusting the valves on my 1999 900SS following your method and I need some advice.

On my vertical cylinder I installed new openers and closers. At this point, when I measure the opener's clearance I get different readings depending on where the cam pulley is positioned. I also have the exhaust rocker pushed off to the side.

Can you - or someone following this thread - indicate where the dot on the cam wheel needs to be in order to get the proper measurement? I get different measurements depending on where in the free-movement arc I position the cam wheel [Edit: ... from either termination point of its travel].

Thanks!

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,441 Posts
Turn the pulley with your hand and measure at its loosest point. That's where the rocker is off the lobe.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
i do it on the base circle when the other rocker begins to move. so when the exhaust rocker starts to move, check the inlet there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Yorik and Brad - appreciate it!

JK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts