Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
nice road. where i am we've got idiots on bikes cutting corners (opposite lane) which makes it pretty scary. just plain retarded.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yay....117mph on that vid. Getten better...who's next with a REAL vid?
Oh come awn!! Who cares about the straight line top speed squidly(wheres ur video btw???). Corner speed is were the real balls are hidden or revealed. I dunno that i saw much of that in any of the vids, but the guys were certainly having fun and playing it relatively safe considering they were on the street in 3 of the shows.

Im trying to get a gopro in the next week or three. Kinda researching them currently to see which of the 3 are the best bang for the buck. Hopefully i can find a good way to mount it and have some video to possibly share. Keep them comin!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Is that the top model of the 3? Im not familiar w them yet, just browsed their website.
there's only the HD Hero and the HD Hero 2. the Hero2 is capable of a higher framerate and larger stills.
The different packages you see are the mounts that come with them, but the cameras within those packages are the same. (the Hero and Hero2 are different obviously)

I have the Hero and love it....I use the seatpost mount a lot because it fits on my handlebar and trellis frame very well....and the suction cup for attaching to my helmet

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Is that the top model of the 3? Im not familiar w them yet, just browsed their website.
Yup. You have the 920, the HD Hero and the Hero 2 IIRC. I've used the HD Hero 2 on wintersport and when riding. The 60FPS it can churn out is really nice for high speed moving action(also nice for slomo's). It's also much more light sensitive then the normal Hero, which means better video's with less light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
GoPro Mount

What do you guys do for mounting your GoPro? I used the GoPro handlebar mount yesterday and the damn thing broke... camera went flying onto the road... got super-lucky that it happened just as I exited the highway - so I was able to pick it up.

I'm thinking the chest harness might be aimed at my tank when I lean over at high speed. Helmet mount might be better... Looks kinda silly though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
video

BTW, here's my first camera test... nothing exciting happening on my Ducati... just a slow cruise through Santa Cruz to see how the camera works. I sped it up to 200% to make it interesting to watch. My battery died when I reached the East side... I bought the battery attachment after that.

Santa Cruz video

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
What do you guys do for mounting your GoPro? I used the GoPro handlebar mount yesterday and the damn thing broke... camera went flying onto the road... got super-lucky that it happened just as I exited the highway - so I was able to pick it up.

I'm thinking the chest harness might be aimed at my tank when I lean over at high speed. Helmet mount might be better... Looks kinda silly though.
Yeah, chest mount only films the tank in corners. Pretty useless. I'd either go with a helmet strap, or try to mount it to the tank with the sticky mounts.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yup. You have the 920, the HD Hero and the Hero 2 IIRC. I've used the HD Hero 2 on wintersport and when riding. The 60FPS it can churn out is really nice for high speed moving action(also nice for slomo's). It's also much more light sensitive then the normal Hero, which means better video's with less light.
U mean i can sneek it in the Dark bedroom w the misses???:D:yeah:

·
Registered
470 Posts

Same thing happened to my brother but it was the suction cup mount. He found it out in a field... Testimony to the case durabilty cause the camera was fine

·
Registered
28 Posts
Damn now I gotta upload some. I do have some footage with the GoPro HD Hero 2 using the chest mount (not uploaded yet). Just a cruise into the Azusa canyons.

I just ordered a Micover to help block out wind noise, I'll try to get a video up this weekend hopefully.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts