Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4616291374

I´m crying inside.. He takes a Titanium grey/red wheels 748S and repaints it..

Like this.

I´m sorry, but the Titanium Grey 748S is one of the nicest looking bikes Ducati ever painted (with the possible exception to the 916 Senna = gloss black and red wheels)..

I could consider buying the bike if it was stock painted..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
+1

It ain't yellow :) but someone has to buy that thing and restore it back to the way it was.

amullo that is your mission, offer him 5 -6 because it will take a couple of k to restore it.

BLUE?!?! I think deep down inside he really wanted an R1

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Every once in a while someone tests my belief that, assuming it does no harm to others, "we are all free to to what we want with what we have." This is one of those times.

bruce19

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Is this any better??

·
Super Moderator
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
galaxy said:
Is this any better??
ooouuuugggg *jerks* :eek:

That actually caused me physical pain! :(

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Anders...as much as that 748S is a travesty to the origional Senna paint job....it is at least a better incarnation of unfactory paint in Cobalt Blue as compared to most other ones we have seen...it is at least a clean paint job and a generally overall tasteful job....no bling bling chrome...no L.E.D.s....and the italian flag frame plugs are a nice touch....but maybe that is just me....

·
Super Moderator
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I´ll agree with you zoom.. to some extent, this is one of the "better" ones.. but what really hurts is that it´s a Titanium Grey one that has been resprayed.. That´s "one year only" bike, and one of the prettiest ever made..

Oh well.. there is no accounting for taste..

·
Registered
403 Posts
While it is better than rainbow swirl with rhinestones and handlebar tassles, I think the blue with red wheels looks pretty crappy. So, much like pouring a swig of beer on the ground for a fallen homey, here's to the memory of what it should have been...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts