Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
My first instinct is to agree with you 100% but looking at it with erasing my knowledge of the GT, it's an interesting take on creating a 70s-style enduro.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I would never have thought to put a Harley-Davidson peanut tank on a Duc.

If it solves the tank spread, I will consider it. Stopping for gas every 50 miles will give others time to enjoy looking at my Moto as much as I do. :)

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first instinct is to agree with you 100% but looking at it with erasing my knowledge of the GT, it's an interesting take on creating a 70s-style enduro.
I'm not saying anything bad about this build, after all it's this guy's own bike and he should do whatever he wants, and I'm pleased that we get to see his efforts...

It's just a weird thing to do (IMPersonalO), to a bike with one of the prettiest tank shapes out there...
...If I wanted to build a Ducati enduro/scrambler style bike I'd use a Monster or Hypermotard rather than remove the best bit of a GT.

Here's one from Monster Recycler, Roberto Totti...

·
Registered
119 Posts
the monster is pretty sick... the SC with the trials tank... not so much...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Interesting, I can see how someone who always wanted a 70s Duc 750 or 250 would enjoy this look. It looks better in picture 3 on the link. He put a lot of work into this, custom tank, seat and pipes. it's for sale, will have to report back what it goes for Dutch.

It does catch the look of some of those older ducs well. My favorite GTs are the ones taken and sportified -mono seat, low bars or clip ons, intake mods, etc.. But it's cool to see a unique take on what can be done with this project.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I was worried I was going to see an SC frame chopped up into some bobber monstrosity. I think this actually is pretty neat, falls in line with the style of some of the original GTs

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Aside from the tank being a bit short in front, I like it. Looks like a street tracker ala Harley/Storz.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys are very, er, ...broadminded. Not sure I share your enthusiasm for this bike at all... Maybe I'm not as open minded as I thought I was.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts