Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, dug the owners manual out and went to set my suspension adj. Everything is great except the adj. on the bottom of the fork legs. clicks are hard to hear and none of my screwdrivers seem to get in and stay on the screw head well,the driver wants to walk off the head and get cocked in the hole. (boy, that sounds good, didn't it..) *I'm pretty sure I've got them where I want, but there has to be a proper driver or tool that makes it simple.. Or is it me??;)

Suggestions?

Tnx

·
Registered
887 Posts
The cheap little screwdriver that came in the toolkit works good for this but I've used various other drivers without the issue you mention. It makes it easier to feel the clicks if you twist it by the smaller diameter knurled shoulder molded into the handle.

If your screwdriver walks out of the slot it may be because your axle was improperly positioned after the last tire change. The holes in the axle should be in line with the forks. Otherwise your screwdriver will be forced to be slightly crooked which will encourage it to walk out of the slot. Hope this helps.

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike said:
If your screwdriver walks out of the slot it may be because your axle was improperly positioned after the last tire change. The holes in the axle should be in line with the forks. Otherwise your screwdriver will be forced to be slightly crooked which will encourage it to walk out of the slot. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the feedback..

Not sure that the wheels have ever been off, 3.5k miles.. But I'll check it, sounds like a possible reason for the driver to walk off the screwhead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.