Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Tennessee. I have been riding since 1956 but just bought my first Ducati, a 2015 Multistrada 1200.
This is my 27th motorcycle by my count, going back to Triumphs and a Norton in the British bike days followed by lots of Kawasakis and 8 BMW's with 6 Harleys thrown into the mix.

As I get older I wanted something light and easy to maneuver and the Multi Ducati fills that desire. I am now going through the process of fitting items like a new windscreen, a new seat (if I can find one for the DVT), and a GPS mount. I find this Ducati forum to be filled with useful postings and look forward to being a member.

oldTNrider

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,713 Posts
So, what took you so long? :)

Welcome to the world of Italian mistresses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I look forward to learning more about my new red Ducati rocket from this forum. . . and yes, I am late to the party.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome. Hey you started riding the same year I did :eek:

You should have a lot of fun on the Multi I sure do love my 14.

But pictures or it did not happen.

Marc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lomax, it has been a long trip since I got a Cushman Husky in '56. I'll bet your first bike was pretty tame also. I had the dealer check over my new bike yesterday and order a couple of warranty items that most 2015 Multis need. The DVT is really tame at low rpm's but gets quite lively above 6000 rpm. I thought a BMW M3 was fast when floored but the Ducati is in a different league altogether.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome oldTNrider ! You've got a couple years on me, but not that many. Funny you mentioned Cushman.. I still have my first "motorbike"- a 1958 Cushman Eagle. Was my first restoration project as well. I hope to restore it again sometime soon. Enjoy your Multi !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Metman, my neighbor across the street had a Cushman Eagle and we used to ride together in Atlanta when I first started to ride scooters. The Eagle had a 2 speed side lever shift but my Husky only had a centrifugal clutch single speed. I upgraded to an Allstate 10 HP 2 cycle after that and then on to a Triumph T110. It's a long way from then to a 10,000 rpm red line Multistrada now.

·
Registered
374 Posts
OK now this is getting spooky LOL:

My first bike was one of these. Well it was not mine it was Gran Pa's. I was too small to reach the bars so my Brother would lay me on the seat and I would reach up over my head and he gave me a push. Ran out and caught me when I was done.

The first real bike that was MINE was a 90cc Yamaha something or other. I have only had about 300 bikes since then. DOH!

I have a Z4 (not an M) and of course there is no comparison between a fine bike and a car.

Were we separated at birth or something. :abduct:

Marc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's me on the Cushman Husky back in 1957 after I had the scooter for a year.

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hehe Great stuff, Lomax and oldTNrider. That's a great picture , old!
Okay, you're making me break this out.. Here's a pic of me (on left) with my biker gang buddies from back in the day with the Cushman Eagle, making some bad a** poses.. Look out!! :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great photo, Metman. Congratulations on keeping your old Cushman Eagle; a lot of us sure wish we had kept old bikes, cars or guitars that we bought cheap back in the 50's and 60's and are now worth many times more today than what we paid for them. It's going to be around 70 degrees here today and tomorrow so I am going to put some miles on my new Multi. I just love the Ducati ease of handling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
300 Bikes!

Lomax, I can't even comprehend 300 motorcycles over a lifetime. I will admit that most of my motor vehicle expense went toward cars. I have had many more cars than bikes so far. I started a list a few years ago to keep up with them. Thanks for sharing the Cushman Husky early riding experiences. Having someone catch you at the end of a ride reminds me of my first attempt at riding a bicycle solo in 1947 or so. Fortunately, my father was still in good shape after WWII and was able to stop me because I forgot how to use the brakes.

Yes, it is possible we were separated at birth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts