Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well heres the deal. I've always had a small oil leak coming from the vertical cylinder. And I cant track it down. Oh and it's a 95' 900 SP

So yesterday I went to Ace Hardware to get some stuff and I hear an announcement saying "Would the owner of a black Da Du Duca motorcycle please go to the parking lot it's laying on it's side and its leaking gas everywere." A few 4 letter words came out my mouth, went outside and a few guys had picked it up telling me an old guy it the rear tire and it went down.

Come to find out he snapped the upper kickstand boss on the crankcase too. It wasent gas, it was oil and it was more then a quart. It IS NOT coming from the kickstand bolt boss. I want to say its coming from the gasket between the barrel and the crankcase. It still has full compression and runs just as always. Leak went back to normal few drops a day. Always leaking from around where the barrel meets the crankcase and leaking down the left side of the bike. I got the bike this way and I have tried and tried to find exactly where its coming from.

Is this a normal spot for the 900sp to leak. Could this be a cylinder stud. Whats your thoughts guys...

Thanks
Jeremy

·
Registered
989 Posts
First may I say that is probably the WIERDEST post I've EVER read.. Anything even close I knew was a joke thread..

Yes it sounds like the studs issue.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links hopefully its whats wrong...

LOL no joke. Just what happened... Have you read the one about the guy who told the other guy to properly port and polish his intake manifold he should suck sand into his intake. I want to say it was a VW or Honda forum but it is classic. And if you couldent figure it out, the lady on the overhead couldent pronouce Ducati she did however give it a few good try's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts