Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have some old beat up but still functional bags )color panel is optional / irrelevant)? Hunneybunch wants to bring her mini poodle(s) along on our rides and I thought I could get a deal on a scraped up old bag or two and cut a hole in the top for the dog to breath / stick it's head out.

·
Mr Leakered
8,810 Posts
You may want to check the sound levels in those bags. I have a feeling, since they are located within a close distance to the pipes, the hard luggage may pick up a lot of resonance. I've carried a dozen eggs in there a couple times with cored pipes and there's been no broken ones, but I can feel the engine pulses in my chest and have set off car alarms on occasion.

A much better option would be a top box setup where the exhaust noise would be a lot lower. I've seen someone had a crate rigged up on a similar location on their cruiser.

Have a good one.

·
Still needs a life.
12,531 Posts
Does anybody have some old beat up but still functional bags )color panel is optional / irrelevant)? Hunneybunch wants to bring her mini poodle(s) along on our rides and I thought I could get a deal on a scraped up old bag or two and cut a hole in the top for the dog to breath / stick it's head out.
You may also want to cut a hole or two in the bottom for the obvious reason.

I have seen top case type dog carriers advertised. Maybe someone can pull up a link.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a left side black bag with some road rash. No cracks anywhere, just some scrapes. No lock set or side reflector as they were taken off for my replacement bag. The lock set comes off with one tiny screw so you could use yours when you need it.

PM me if you are interested.

Rick G

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
You may also want to cut a hole or two in the bottom for the obvious reason.

I have seen top case type dog carriers advertised. Maybe someone can pull up a link.
I think you mean this:

http://www.road-hound.com

I have to wonder what being on a bike near the exhaust would do to the dogs hearing and how you prevent it becoming asphyxiated.

I also found this case while looking:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/4/22/460/10833/ITEM/Mad-Dog-Case-Carrier-Pro.aspx

Looks like it holds a 50-cal. :D

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Please , please , please , just dont do it !
Ask your partner to think of the dogs not herself :((

·
Still needs a life.
12,531 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts