Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Really depends on what you want and what you can afford.
If you have the money, new is always good.
Unless you can afford to pay a dealer $800 - $1200 a year for maintenance, then plan to learn how to work on your own bike.
This forum is great for the self mechanic.

·
Administrator
12,707 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. When you get some time fill in your location in the UserCP > Edit Your Details section. Happy bike hunting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Old or new or new its a Ducati so its going to have its quirks. Older is generally simpler to work on and not hard to get parts for if you stay 1980+ Older than that is a different ballgame all together. Newer bikes are a bit harder to work on because of tighter packaging and thus use some specialized parts and tools and they are more expensive.

Regards,

Jason

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Statement or question? Anything else to offer?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Get Both. The older ones have so much more soul, are simpler and are a blast to ride. The newer ones have more technology and more power and are a blast to ride. >:)

Marc

Reactions: 999s

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Old or new or new its a Ducati so its going to have its quirks. Older is generally simpler to work on and not hard to get parts for if you stay 1980+ Older than that is a different ballgame all together.
I found it easier to get parts for my 1974 750GT than I do for my 1991 907ie... maybe not literally true but it sure seemed that way.

I think if you have to ask, you should buy new. But no one knows what you consider "old". For all we know you think 2010 is old, or that "used" = "old" so even a 2013 with time remaining on the warranty is "old". To me if you say you want an old Ducati I'm thinking bevel, not 1098...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts