Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question, but wtf, I thought I'd throw it out anyway. Is there any way to put some old analog gauges from an earlier ducati on a 2009 1100 monster? The crap instrument panel that Ducati put on is pretty much unreadable in bright sunlight and not much better even on a cloudy day. Or maybe even an aftermarket better lcd of some sort?
Anybody got any experience with this?? Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 M1100S, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille-R, 2x 1981Guzzi Monzas, IWL Pity, Piaggio Hexagon, PX Vespa
589 Posts
Motogadget make some nice instruments that will likely be more compatible with your bike than the old stuff.

;)

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Yup ... nothing like seeing needles on the face of an instrument. I don't need to know that my engine is revving at 3,504.76 rpm .... I just need to see an average (y'know, a needle rather than a numerical readout). Same with forward speed ... I don't need to know my speed down to the tenth ... I just need the rolling average that instruments with needles provide. I don't want to have to "read" the revs or speed ... I just want to see an image ... the image of a needle at a given place in the clock-face instrument. Revs and speed at a glance, without actively "reading" them.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I hear you Rex. I've got an old suzuki sv650 with analog gauges. They are much much better. I think Ducati must have wanted to jump on the LED technology band wagon because it was new and in-but must not have been too well developed in 2009. Motogadget does have some neat stuff. But I'd still have to figure how how to connect it, and spend $500. Hmmmm

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
i don't of anyone getting around the immo with the conti ecu as yet, and there is canbus info going to and from the dash, so i think you'd either need to retain (parts of) the original dash and hide it somewhere or emulate its functions with another unit of some sort.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I figured it was near impossible, belter. Just thought it was worth a shot. Thanks for the info though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts