Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved back to OKC after a three-year absence... Who else has a HyperMotard/Ducati? Besides Draper Lake, Hogback Road, and Overholser Lake are there any other decent roads around here?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think there are a couple owners in your area...Im in ALtus,about 2 hours away. I don't get up your way very often so im not sure about good roads,I know there arent any down here,LOL.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not sure about OKC I live in Ponca City 100 miles north.Their are some god roads around but you may have to ride a bit to get to them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Edmond. Not a lot of great curvy roads around here. I hadn't heard of Hogback, but will be checking that road out soon. When my schedule permits, I like to head out to Arkansas. Great roads there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Poor bikes...

my wife is from OK and everytime we go to visit i cry when i see sport bikes

lol

i found ONE good corner (literally) in tulsa... OMG i hit that corner like 50 times in our rental car just so it felt like i drove...

:think:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I visit OKC a few times a year. I work for the FAA, and I go there for Training often. On the weekends, I travel to Dallas/Fort Worth to visit my sister who lives there, maybe we can plan for a trip there next time I go to OKC. I would rent a Duc or any bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
johnnymotocros,

My brother actually lives in the Dallas area, too, and a ride down there sounds cool... We probably have to stop a lot since the Hyper's tank is on the small-ish side and I just had the race chip and cams installed. LOL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live Northeast of Tulsa. Don't know much about the roads around OKC, but to the East of me are some nice roads into MO & AR.
Just road back roads over to Eureka Springs, AR this past weekend. Had a blast.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live Northeast of Tulsa. Don't know much about the roads around OKC, but to the East of me are some nice roads into MO & AR.
Just road back roads over to Eureka Springs, AR this past weekend. Had a blast.
okieduc,

I actually lived in Joplin for a few years and really liked the curves in the SW MO area, especially Hwy 90. Those roads definitely had a lot more character than the Metro-OKC ones. Are there any decent roads in your parts (near Tulsa)? I'm not sure I want to ride out to the OK-MO-AR tri-state just to get rid of the chicken strips. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
okieduc,

I actually lived in Joplin for a few years and really liked the curves in the SW MO area, especially Hwy 90. Those roads definitely had a lot more character than the Metro-OKC ones. Are there any decent roads in your parts (near Tulsa)? I'm not sure I want to ride out to the OK-MO-AR tri-state just to get rid of the chicken strips. :D
Hwy 20 NE of Tulsa is good. But you are only 10 miles from MO at one point. Roads are pretty much the same as OKC until you get 35 miles east.

Hwy 90 is a good road, I usually ride 76,13 and 123.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts