Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a flat and put on a pilot road 2 rear because there was one available and i needed to get back on the road. My front tire is old and i should replace it as well. I was on a VFR forum and some of them run a road 2 rear and a power/power 2CT front for better bite and confidence. I'm curious about this as i do plan to try a couple of track days. Opinions? Thanks. (bike is a '92 SS)

·
Registered
245 Posts
i've run into this dilemma as well, im sure you'll get a spectrum of opinions. personally, i would suggest staying with the same tire front and rear, but a grippier front would be ok i would think.

·
Registered
989 Posts
sport front road rear.. 01 SS..

Unless you're tracking it there is more than enough grip to see you many many play days..

Sport rear gets me about 8000 km max.. road rear gets me about 14-15 000 km. sport front is almost due for replacement at that stage.. close enough to just replace it.. otherwise you're running a good sticky new rear with an old worn front. until it needs replacement.. you'll never be in synch..

Yep go for it.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Hey that makes sense

seems like you would want them to wear at the same rate....
usually I use 2;1 rears.... to fronts
09 Ducati GT1000 Black and Gold; 14:40 with Ohlins F&R, Termis & Rizoma bling
95 Ducati SS 900 CR Red; 15:41 my new project…
81 Yamaha SR 500 total cafe project bike

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tires

thanks for the feedback. i'm getting a lot of encouragement to keep the pilot road 2 on the back and using a power 2CT on the front. I do plan to do an occasional trackday and this seems to make sense. (or more sense than road 2 front and back)Other than that it is primarily a sunday only bike on twisty roads with the occasional short tour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts