Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding on the track tbrough a 90 degree left hander I feel a SCRAPE and felt the bike get light. Finished the lap and pulled off to see what the heck. Couldnt find anything so went out and finished the session, while keeping it cool in that particular corner. Upon closer examination back at the trailer I noticed a nice big scratch on the pan fairing where it bulges out to clear the pipe. Anyone else ever do that? I guess I need to get off the bike more and keep her picked up. Sure got my attention though!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Braggart.
:D

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
On the carbed bikes the kickstand, headers, footpegs and both shift and brake levers will drag at the track. Don't ask how I know. A longer shock cures most of that. Hang off more.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Scraping mirrors? :D

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Anybody scrape bar ends yet?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody scrape bar ends yet?
Haha..not on purpose!
I just found it curious that I would scrape a plastic part before a hard part. The fairing really sticks out. The left was after downhill under some compression and a bit of a bump. Still kind of freaked me out. Maybe the longer rear shock is a good answer.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Ask Joe-B...
Bar ends? Sure. Twice. Unfortunately I was no longer riding the bike at that point, but rather sliding on my ass :eek:. Mblaster, is your shock length adjustable? I don't remember if the stock post-carb shocks were. Probably not.

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
header drag is pretty common, be careful it will unload the rear tire and send you flying. I've managed to do it on the street once or twice. A longer rear shock cured most of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts