Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting it repainted... just put on new marchs (5 spoke) and tires.... i may powder the frame.... the bike is yellow w/ white tail and nose number plates... i may keep the same or idk.. any ideas are welcome, can't wait to ride this year!

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm a huge fan of red body with black frame but I think that yellow body with a black frame or white frame would be spectacular as well. I'd like to see the wheels match the frame though. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah... thanx, i love all of your ideas!

i may do an alpine white with flat black # plates and green and red pin strip tracing around the number plates..... then match the bottom part of the bike like that as well....

red frame... it may work

·
Registered
535 Posts
yeah... thanx, i love all of your ideas!

i may do an alpine white with flat black # plates and green and red pin strip tracing around the number plates..... then match the bottom part of the bike like that as well....

red frame... it may work
THis might give u a bit of idea then... (pictures from the net).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
This is what my 748 looks like. I bought them this color, I think it based off of the moto corse bike. I think white looks good on a sport bike.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not a fan of white. Just as silver shows off the curves and contours, white hides them.

Don't make up your mind until you've seen both in person.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, after seeing it on a 916 style bike, it does take away a bit.. my 335i is alpine white, but thats different....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Chalk up another vote against white. I don't think it suits most Ducatis very well, as Tony mentions - it hides rather than accentuates lines. I think that's why black or white look good on XX9 bikes. In addition, I think it's en vogue right now but will fall out of favor. Just mho.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts