Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok another weird electronic anomaly that I figured I would share.

Fired the bitch up this morning to ride to work at -1C.
Bbbrrr….Hard to start but works a lot better by preheating the battery about 1-2 minutes with the high beams on before attempting the start.

Anyway, tooling along about 50mph in 4rth, just before pitching into a curve, tapped the down shift (TB quick shifter) downshifted perfectly but the bike felt like it died. When I opened the throttle…”nothing” like the engine was off and just engine braking as she slowed down…open close throttle nothing, another down shift nothing….weird thing is the engine was not off, it was still running, just stuck running about 2000rpm. movement of the throttle changed nothing….steady at 2000 rpm, clutch in or out….nothing changed 2000 rpm. So I turned it off, turned it on and everything reset. Fired right up and ran perfectly the rest of the drive to work. So a weird fluke….This is exactly what I have against all this electronic BS….shit can flake out at any time. :confused:

Another side note, frost covered grass is slipperier than snot with Michelin Power Sports on the bike. Trying to get back up onto the road was a bitch…and holy hell to much throttle anywhere results in some lovely slides with the road so cold…I pretty sure I should relax the TC settings some for winter time up here in the north….11 years in Tuscany has spoiled me. :crying:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Somebody else had an issue just like this. I can't remember if it was on this board or the UK one. Something to do with a loose connection causing throttle position sensor issues? Can't recall for sure but there's definitely a thread about it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Shoot, that even kinda sounds like traction control kicking in....

But I've never had it happen and I think your screen lights up telling you TC is kicking in. Not that anyone has time to look down at the screen when you're slippin and sliding on the street.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Somebody else had an issue just like this. I can't remember if it was on this board or the UK one. Something to do with a loose connection causing throttle position sensor issues? Can't recall for sure but there's definitely a thread about it.
It was someone on the UK based Ducati Forum and the problem was caused by a dodgy ETV (Ride-by-wire) relay. Item no 5 in the attached pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Possibly the side stand switch problem. ??? I installed a by-pass on mine to avoid it cutting out, but your problem sounds a little different. ??? Just a thought in case nothing else works. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bypass,

Possibly the side stand switch problem. ??? I installed a by-pass on mine to avoid it cutting out, but your problem sounds a little different. ??? Just a thought in case nothing else works. Good luck.
Yep.l did it.bypass side stand and no problem today 400 km:smile2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts