Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this on their bike? Mine is a 2015 dvt Mts, and recently noticed this brown-ish oily residue under the side stand when I lifted the bike up.. Has happened a few times over the past weeks but now has suddenly stopped? I don't know where it is leaking from.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
Excess chain lube running down the side stand?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Definitely called chain lube. No offense to OP, he or she is probably use to belt drive or shaft drive bikes. A harley friend asked me that once, I was shocked, but then belt drives don't puke chain fluid all over em...

Mark

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Could be the screws that secure the cover to the mesh oil strainer have come loose and the leaking oil occasionally makes its way down the side stand. These screws occasionally come loose on my bike, I find a few drops of oil on the garage floor, and I tighten them up. The problem may appear to come and go depending on whether you use the center or side stand.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Looks like could be leaking clutch slave or side cover gasket. Easy enough if your bike is clean to see if it's coming from either location.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, just dropped the bike off at Ducati, let's see.. For now I'm suspecting engine coolant as it felt and looks the same colour.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The picture didn't come up for me originally, the color of the residue definitely does not look like chain lube.. My bad.

Next guess would be coolant. I know my multis had seepage from the hose clamps they just didn't seem to be tightened enough. Hopefully it is a simple fix.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Next guess would be coolant. I know my multis had seepage from the hose clamps they just didn't seem to be tightened enough.
Doh! Man, I am getting forgetful. That's right. Mine leaked too as the hose clamps got loose. Just tightening them up did the trick.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome hopefully a quick turn of the spanner from the boys and an HONEST bunch that doesn't rape me haha.. Thanks boys

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's coolant for sure. Found the same puddle under my hyper and the coolant drain plug was wet.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Awesome hopefully a quick turn of the spanner from the boys and an HONEST bunch that doesn't rape me haha.. Thanks boys

Cool..........no need to kick the dog then.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well they didn't find the leak as Murphy has it, it had stopped about 2 weeks before taking it in, but I guess as was said here maybe a loose hose clamp which was buttoned up now.. Hope it stays at bay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sure mine has done that - may have over filled it with oil, and its coming out a breather pipe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts