Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had some service done on my Multi and noticed that clamp on the oil breather hose was turned around compared to how it was when the bike was new.
Reason for the service was the oil leak around that hose...
Can someone please check on his and tell me which way it should be (I would like to have it "factory way 😇 )
There are 3 pictures below, on one there is bolt coming from left side (when bike was new), on the other, bolt coming from the right side (after service)… (on one picture, there is some oil trace circled, this is not for this post...)
So maybe it was mounted wrong in the factory and now it was corrected, but maybe it is other way around...

Thanx a lot in advance

·
Registered
37 Posts
Reminds me of when I took the 16 Multi in for a coolant hose recall and they didn't tighten the hose clamp on the coolant hose they replaced...Lost all the coolant over my leg and rear tire on the freeway and limped all the way home, luckily I was only about 5 miles away. Taking the exit ramp was scary as hell with the coolant all over the tire.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
It depends whether Luigi, ( right handed) or Tony ( left handed ) put the clamp on at the factory.
If it isn’t causing a problem, leave it alone. You own a Ducati. If that’s your biggest worry, you’re golden.

·
Registered
173 Posts
As James May would have said during the "Annual Top Gear Awards" The first nominee for the "Highest level of OCD (for a part of no concern) on a motorcycle award" is SuzaFan...

There are no other nominations.

·
Registered
252 Posts
SuzaFan: Hose clips and badly cut-off zip ties can be a safety hazard so your question has merit. The first thing I did when I got my new Enduro home was to loosen off and rotate the left side cooling hose clamps so the "tail" (for want of a better word) sticking out of each was tucked away inside the plane of the side of the engine so as not to catch on anything; pant legs, hands... I trim all my zip ties flush with the heads and then tuck the heads away so that they don't interfere with anything. Ducati do a great job from the factory with zip ties.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
That’s right Rick, feed his disease. Not all of us have the luxury of an 11 month winter to properly align our hose clamps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts