Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what type of oil yo guys are using when you do an oil change on your bikes. I know I am going to be doing one and wanted to know what you think?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Motul full synthetic 20w40

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
Mobile 1 10w40.
Automotive or motorcycle "formula"? I used M1 15w-50 (automotive) for over two years on the ST. I switched to T6 after some glowing recommendations, esp those of Chuckracer.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use Delvac 1300 15w-40 in all my unit-construction bikes with a 1500-2000 mile intervals. Filter change every other. Seems to offer a good compromise between cost and shear protection. Gearboxes take their toll on oil.

Full synthetic with extended intervals in my pre-unit bikes (BMW).

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Automotive, change oil and filter every 3500 - 4000 miles.

Automotive or motorcycle "formula"? I used M1 15w-50 (automotive) for over two years on the ST. I switched to T6 after some glowing recommendations, esp those of Chuckracer.

Have a good one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like there are all different types and choices out there. How much oil does the ST2 hold?

·
Mr Leakered
8,816 Posts
Buy a gallon at WalMart. You'll have some left over for topping up if you need it.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sapphire Bombay gin with a little vermouth in a chilled glass and I wash it down with a few bottles of Guinness. Wait. What? Oh you mean lube for the bike? Sorry. my bad. Never mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts