Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you buying oil pails, what do you use for transfer?

I started looking at rotary or piston pumps to facilitate transfer in a gallon jug.

Then thought why not transfer from the drum to the bike direct? I tried a small submersible 12v pump I had used to move water previously, and the gpm is of course badly reduced pumping oil. Takes forever.

I then found some electric transfer pump but those are costly! There should be something between a manual 50-100$ pump and a 500-1000$ electric one?

I don't mind lifting the pail lid if it's a submersible pump. Would like a pump that could lift 5-10w40 oil a 6 feet column (pail on the floor and bike on a table) and flow maybe a quart every 10 seconds? Does anyone know how I can calculate the specs I need?

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
When I do something like that, I have a manual suction type pump I use . I bought it on Amazon. It’s ok to use for oil, or fuel if you clean it after. I use it to drain my gas tanks in the fall too. It really doesn’t take much effort.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts