Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what the oil temperature thermistor part number is for a 1999 SuperSport 900. I need to find a part number that NAPA can cross-reference or I won't be able to get one in a timely manner.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Assuming you are talking about a 99 900SSie (fuel injected model) and the location of this temp sensor is in the horizontal head in the rocker cover then it is listed as a "water temp sensor" (i know, there is no water on an air cooled bike... complain to Ducati about it.)

The parts listing for this is

552.4.013.1A - Water temperature sensor

ps: i just found this post that claims it has a bosch part number. Admitting to this that it does look very similar to many car water temp sensors...

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=71883

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but, no, not that one. The oil temperature sensor in the screen type filter is what I broke.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I should have searched for "thermistor" then shouldnt i :)

Try this number...

552.4.004.2A Thermistor

This is the sensor located in the oil screen plug. Again, for a 2000MY 900SSie. I assume you are talking about the fuel injected 99 model and not the FE ? (not that i imagine there would be a lot of difference :)

(just for a quick query sake, i looked up the same part on a random model, 800SS 2003MY and the part number is identical... "552.4.004.2A Thermistor")

Cheers!

ps: just looked up a 98MY 900SS and it does not appear to have this part... not to say the FE doesnt...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the one and it is a 1999 "new" fuelie SS.

I have that factory part number and I know that it is a common car part for Porsches, Audis, VWs and Seats. I am now trying to cross reference that number so that I may get one from NAPA.

I am sorry I haven't been very clear on this but thanks for the help so far.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have that factory part number and I know that it is a common car part for Porsches, Audis, VWs and Seats. I am now trying to cross reference that number so that I may get one from NAPA.
3-D, did you manage to cross reference that number?? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts