Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
When I was living in Houston, HSBK reset my service light at no cost ( I was a customer). Some other independent shops may have the equipment and software to reset it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got a new to me 2018 Enduro Pro. While it's my 4th Duc, the electronics seem more advanced than in the past (duh!). I've always changed oil myself. The bike has 1600 miles or so, and the seller had changed the oil and filter at 600 himself. So the oil change light is still on.

The questions:
1. What tool can I use to reset the light? Is there an ODB2 port like cars have these days?

2. Where can I get a pdf of Service Manual (no moralizing pls)?

3. I expect my 49 year old wrists to be much happier than with the previous bike (picture). Is there a better way to get heated grips than $350-some grips on amazon?

4. This is probably my last big bike before I start downsizing. What's the age at which I will be afraid to put my foot down to support all this weight?

View attachment 1016253
I had a 2014 Multi I bought new and sold three years later (immediate regret) and downsized to a totally hopped up KTM RC390. I just bought a new v4 Multi last month. I love it. I'm 5-10,weight 160 and have a 30" inseam. I did buy the low seat which I love. I'll be 74 in November. My only concession to age was selling my paramotor last month. I still ride the KTM too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just got a new to me 2018 Enduro Pro. While it's my 4th Duc, the electronics seem more advanced than in the past (duh!). I've always changed oil myself. The bike has 1600 miles or so, and the seller had changed the oil and filter at 600 himself. So the oil change light is still on.

The questions:
1. What tool can I use to reset the light? Is there an ODB2 port like cars have these days?

2. Where can I get a pdf of Service Manual (no moralizing pls)?

3. I expect my 49 year old wrists to be much happier than with the previous bike (picture). Is there a better way to get heated grips than $350-some grips on amazon?

4. This is probably my last big bike before I start downsizing. What's the age at which I will be afraid to put my foot down to support all this weight?

View attachment 1016253
I'm 70 and ride an 851 Superbike. Keep yourself in shape and work on your attitude. Don't let 'the old man' in your life. While your skills might slip slightly, A million miles of experience gives you a huge leg up everywhere. Happy motoring for many years to come.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
4. Only you can decide that one. I know of guys on the R1 forums riding a superbike well into their 60's, meanwhile I had to quit it in my 40's.
I lived in Puerto Rico back in the '90s and rode there. A regular at the occasional rally was guy who bought his bike, a 1949 Harley, brand new - and was still riding it all over the island. If asked when he would give it up he'd reply that he had an arrangement with his wife: when he could no longer throw a leg over it she was to push him in his wheelchair in front of a bus.
I quit riding 7 years ago, not due to age, but awareness of vulnerability. Now, though, taking him as a model, at 75yoa I'm looking for an ST3S to get back in the game.
Kent

·
Registered
99' 996
278 Posts
I'm 70 and ride an 851 Superbike. Keep yourself in shape and work on your attitude. Don't let 'the old man' in your life. While your skills might slip slightly, A million miles of experience gives you a huge leg up everywhere. Happy motoring for many years to come.
People look at me crazy when I tell them I do yoga. Not at all the type people would ever think would lol. But if it werent for yoga even at just 45 I wouldnt still be able to ride a sport bike. With bad knees from playing baseball and I have scoleosis I have to do something to keep in shape. It really is as much a mindset as anything.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
It really is as much a mindset as anything.
There's a story, perhaps apocryphal, about Clint Eastwood and Toby Keith playing golf together a few years ago; apparently, they're friends.
Eastwood was then in his late 80s and had just announced he was making another movie, probably The Mule ) which I recommend highly.)
Keith asked him how he kept it up at his age, to which Eastwood supposedly replied, "I get up in the morning and look out the window at the street. And if I see the Old Man there, well, I just don't let him in."
And with that, Keith wrote the theme song for the movie.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I read the post earlier about setting the date a year prior and loved that idea. Just went outside to try it and the damn thing (2016 MTS1200S) knew it was the wrong date and wouldn’t commit it to memory! I did get away with moving it a month back so the light is out for now 😊

·
Registered
99' 996
278 Posts
There's a story, perhaps apocryphal, about Clint Eastwood and Toby Keith playing golf together a few years ago; apparently, they're friends.
Eastwood was then in his late 80s and had just announced he was making another movie, probably The Mule ) which I recommend highly.)
Keith asked him how he kept it up at his age, to which Eastwood supposedly replied, "I get up in the morning and look out the window at the street. And if I see the Old Man there, well, I just don't let him in."
And with that, Keith wrote the theme song for the movie.
I love Toby Keith, his ability to tell a story and even be a little self deprecating.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I will be 71 in December, got my first bike when I was 15 years old, never been without a bike. I have a 2015 Multi as my road bike and I also have a 2010 1200cc Multi track bike. I ride the bikes within my limits as I don't think I would bounce as well as I could when I was 25. I do my own servicing including the Desmo services and yes I too am jacked off that I can't get rid of those service lights

·
Registered
99' 996
278 Posts
One of these days we will all get to old to ride, and we will know when that day is. But never let anyone tell you that you are to old to ride. This man is an inspiration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use Oxford heated grips for years. Installed by myself wo controller for an hour. Just connected it to factory`s wires (i had failed Ducati heated grips) and it works like a charm!
Its near impossible to find service manual for your bike (imho), but you can use some tips from this online manual of MTS1200`10 cause its better then nothing. I guess 50% of parts and services is the sam as yours bike.

·
Registered
88 Posts
People look at me crazy when I tell them I do yoga. Not at all the type people would ever think would lol. But if it werent for yoga even at just 45 I wouldnt still be able to ride a sport bike. With bad knees from playing baseball and I have scoleosis I have to do something to keep in shape. It really is as much a mindset as anything.
Sorry to hear about your medical issues but glad the yoga works. I'll know when it's time to hang up my helmet...BUT not yet. Every time I take the 851 out for a spin I come back and say "Oh yeah, THAT's why I ride".

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Sorry to hear about your medical issues but glad the yoga works. I'll know when it's time to hang up my helmet...BUT not yet. Every time I take the 851 out for a spin I come back and say "Oh yeah, THAT's why I ride".
Yep. Even if I could not work up much enthusiasm before I actually got rolling.
Once I get moving a bit, it's all good. :D

21 - 36 of 36 Posts