Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the F do you get it out? Obviously the answer is unscrew it, but where does one find a 14mm allen socket? Not sears, and all my sets only go to 10mm. I tried making a 'special' tool out of a bolt but I broke the red locktite holding the bolt on. Grrrr...

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
Got mine at Tool Town, maybe $10 or so. I'm not sure if it is a local chain.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I bought one off ebay.....

Don't forget to get a new washer to replace the old one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I saw a Mac tool truck at a shop along the road. Bought one of him, pricey

·
Registered
361 Posts
if you go to the Home Depot (or lowes etc) and go to the threaded rod area there will be threaded rod couplers. If you check a couple of sizes you'll find one that has a 14mm hex. I think it goes with the 1/4" threaded rod or the 3/8" threaded rod. Basically you'll have a 14mm hex extrusion that you can put in a 14mm socket or put a wrench on the other end. It's probably $2.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I got mine at Auto Zone. I *think* they have them at Harbor Freight too.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Got one from Harbor Freight, also, if you happen to own an 851/888, or older Monster, the axle wrench that came with the tool kits(remember those?) with these bikes fit!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got mine at Auto Zone. I *think* they have them at Harbor Freight too.
If autozone has a better selection of hand tools than the biggest Sears I've ever seen, I'm going to eat my helmet. Well, time for some GS500 riding like good old times!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...so, I was thinking bbq sauce on the grill...

I did find on at autozone (came with a 12 and 17) for $10. yay! I never would have thought in a million years that craftsman would fail and autozone would win.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts