Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,

Will be dropping the oil on my 2013 MTS1200 this coming week. It's only at 12,000km (first "Oil Service"), but I've got a 4000km trip in a couple of weeks so I'd like to check the oil screen for potential bearing death ;) I haven't done a change on the Multi before, and I've been looking into the oil screen gasket; which my service manual says needs to be Threebond... I found some info on here and elsewhere about a crush gasket, part 78810651A, made for other Ducs. Looks like this:

How many of you guys have used this with success on your 2010-14 MTS? I presume it's a good replacement for the Threebond, and a LOT easier to fit - I don't want to get stuck 2000km into the trip with a leaking oil screen though... Presume the bolts just get TQ'd up to the spec in the manual for use with the Threebond? Any advice or experience would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Tom

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The TPO ones do look nice. Unfortunately I'm a bit pressed for time ordering one at the moment, so that will have to wait till the next oil change! I've ordered one of the Ducati crush washer ones, fingers crossed it's the goods like people say!

·
Registered
Streetfighter V4 -2021
87 Posts
I looked at the maintenance schedule for my DVT 2015. It says that you have to "Clean the engine oil mesh filter assembly" after the first 1000 km and then leave it as it is. Is it really so that you should not open and clean it after that? If it is leaking or something else then it is a different case.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe the non-DVT 1200's are to be cleaned every second oil change. Not sure about the DVT's, but it'd seem surprising to NEVER again have to check it... I checked the screen on my Monster every 5000km, and never saw a thing on it other than oil. Still, better to find the first bearing bits than wait for the rest to explode...

·
Registered
Streetfighter V4 -2021
87 Posts
it'd seem surprising to NEVER again have to check it
I find it also strange. This is what is in the maintenance schedule:

Could it be that this screen is meant to be opened only when something odd happens. You drop something to engine or something breaks. I haven't seen this type of screen in Hondas that I owned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts