Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the wire that connects to the cap on the oil screen? It's marked by the yellow arrow at the photo at the below link? Does the wire just pull out / away from the cap? I've previously left the screen cleaning to the dealer and done some oil changes myself, but I want to start cleaning that screen as well when i change the oil. Thanks.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/gt-1000/oil-change/oil-filter-screen.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Pull back the rubber boot and disconnect the lead. Simple. The sensor has a circular male end so you shouldn't have to worry about breaking it.

That said, I managed to crack my sensor (technically: thermistor) in half by accidentally over-torqueing it on reinstall. Brass is brittle, so be careful!

Good luck!

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
How often are you guys pulling this? I have seed different maintenance requirements.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
How often are you guys pulling this? I have seed different maintenance requirements.
I believe it states every other oil change. It is quite easy to do and if you enjoy taking care of your bike, do it at least every other, if not every time. Why not? When I changed my oil it was crazy dark (bought used) and the pick-up screen was clean as a whistle, so being necessary, I cannot say...

6,159 Posts
every other is good with regular or early oil changes
If you let it go for 5K or more I'd do it for sure on that oil change
That being said
I have yet to see and real remarkable debris in the screen on mine for 30K miles
or on clients bikes oil changes

·
Registered
267 Posts
Guys, I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone can help me identify the oil temp cable with rubber boot as I need to replace mine. I tried looking but couldn't find anything.

Cheers,

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts