Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2004 749 Ducati and was wondering what the maufacturer's recommendation was for the oil?

Thanks,

Ryan U

·
Registered
857 Posts
Umm....no. Go away.:p
Shh! we need this oil thread... I missed the oil threads...

u see Ryan... Ducati says u need Shell Advanced, but you can't find that in US. So, the last time I was back-packing through Europe, I sourced some. I like to ship it to you, but I am currently back-packing in China. So wire-transfer me some money and my shipping manager will send you the oil. Shipping charge is on me :D

That being said... Any synthetic oil (IMFO) of the recommend viscosity will work. Get a K&N oil filter instead of the OEM, it's easier to install and remove the next time around.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Would you accept a cashiers check. I will make out the check for $500 more than the sale of item. At time of the sale you will give my representative the merchandise and the $500 to cover our expenses and we will have complete the transaction. Thank you for your acceptance.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Would you accept a cashiers check. I will make out the check for $500 more than the sale of item. At time of the sale you will give my representative the merchandise and the $500 to cover our expenses and we will have complete the transaction. Thank you for your acceptance.
I would love to do that, but due to recent political instability in my country, I transfered all my money to an American stranger to safe-guard it. Maybe you could collect your money from him.

Kind Regards,
-The Nigerian Prince.

·
Idiot Savant
1,187 Posts
I would love to do that, but due to recent political instability in my country, I transfered all my money to an American stranger to safe-guard it. Maybe you could collect your money from him.

Kind Regards,
-The Nigerian Prince.
HAHAHAHAHA

Nice 1

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've used Amsoil 20w50 for Motorcycles in all my bikes, v-twin and in-line. Any oil that meets or exceeds API SG should be good, although the owner's manual does say Shell Advance Ultra 4, which is synthetic.

From the Shell site:

grades:
SAE J 300 10W-40,
and
SAE J 300 15W-50.
Both the formulations exceed the following international specification:
API SG,
JASO MA,
and are endorsed by Ducati and KTM.
Advance Ultra 4 exceeds the requirements of all Japanese and European motorcycle manufacturers.

·
Registered
395 Posts

Kind Regards,
-The Nigerian Prince.
Well played sir, well played.

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
I prefer to use old french fry grease from McDonald's. I have to use an engine block heater to start the bike when I first go to take it out, but whenever I go riding through town, all the fat chicks chase me around like puppies. BTW, my new nick-name is "Big Mac." ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Next Search!

He just bought a Duc, I am sure he will be back with a question about stalling :D
Aha! I guess that's my next search. I've been letting it warm up to about 130-150 with the "choke" on and sometimes have to click it back on when I come to an idle to prevent stalling...more later!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts