Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1999 Dark Monster 600.

Just got the oil change as part of service. After which I got the crank case covers painted. This involved getting the oil drained and the covers removed. The same oil was put back in.

After picking it up from the paint shop the oil pressure light is staying on unless I rev it quite high (even higher once the engine is warm). The oil level is good or possibly a bit too high.

I've tried replacing the sensor and the one I was sent was for a newer model with a different electrical connection. It seems to be more sensitive as I hardly have to rev the engine to get the light to go off. However, after inspection the operating range of the new sensor is from 0.4 bar as the original one was from 0.75 bar.

My next thought is to clean the oil screen. My question is if the oil screen is clean and the sensor is fine, what are the other possible causes for this type of fault? Are there other parts that could be possible blocked due to contaminants?

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Perhaps during the re-assembly of your crankcase covers, the oil pump was made dis-functional.

You need to get the oil pressure checked.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'd take it back to whom ever did the service and demand that they sort it out. I'm sure there is a oil pressure spec published by Ducati. If it was ok before you took it in and was not when you got it back then the "service guys" should be responsible. Maybe they forgot to put oil in after they painted the covers and ran it without oil? Regardless pressure test will tell the tale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts