Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 998 and I want to install an oil pressure gauge but also keep the oil pressure light. I obviously need to splice it and i can't seem to find the right adapter.

Has anyone done this and if so, can you recommend the right adapter? Thanks.

·
Registered
1994 900SS CR, 2002 998 Trackbike
572 Posts
The oil P light switch is threaded M10*1. For most gauges you will find in the US, you need 1/4 or 1/8" NPT. If you google "M10*1 1/4npt T-fitting" you will find some options to screw directly onto the cases, then you can use one outlet for the original switch and the other for a gauge. It's a common adapter, used also to fit aftermarket gauges onto cars.

Just make sure to buy from a reputable shop, because my eBay fitting turned out to be M10*1.5 (despite being advertised as M10*1...)

With a bit of searching you may also find a gauge that offers a metric option, so you'd just need an M10*1 T-fitting. I think Stack/Autometer offers that on some of them.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Not sure if it helps but I use the setup, just a brass m10x1/4NPT. Then a T 1/4x1/4x1/4 and a -6an for the turbo feeds. All the brass can be found in any auto parts store…AN fittings not so much.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

Reactions: dilbeckw
1 - 4 of 4 Posts