Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to those that did their own oil change: does the plug have magnetic tip? I pick up my SFS on Friday, so probably over the weekend I will do 2 oil changes; I want to be prepared and order magnetic plug if necessary.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Question to those that did their own oil change: does the plug have magnetic tip? I pick up my SFS on Friday, so probably over the weekend I will do 2 oil changes; I want to be prepared and order magnetic plug if necessary.
there is a magnet, but why would you order a new plug? there is also a copper washer.. it may be a crush washer or not.. it may just be a soft washer that you can torque really well (my memory of a crush washer is they are folded metal looking).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a magnet, but why would you order a new plug? there is also a copper washer.. it may be a crush washer or not.. it may just be a soft washer that you can torque really well (my memory of a crush washer is they are folded metal looking).
I would order one only if original did not have a magnet - there is place on web selling magnetic plugs for all models of the bikes. Soft metal washer (copper or aluminum) is a crush washer - folded ones (like on spark plugs) are just another, cheaper, single use variation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts