Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Any thoughts appreciated.

I'm looking a buying a 2005 749S. Its in decent shape overall, dirty but looks OK aside from a leak. There was a small amount of coolant at the bottom of the front fairing, and its looks like the source is off the valve cover, if thats possible. Or, theres an oil leak there and the coolant is coming from elsewhere.

Photo below. Is it possible coolant could be leaking from that valve cover bolt?

Os is there likely an oil leak, or coolant dripping on that bolt from above, although I looked and it didn't look like a leak from above.

Any thoughts are appreciated. I'm leaning to walking away, unless this is a minor gasket issues and just needs to be cleaned up. Price is right, but not looking for a big project of unknowns

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,372 Posts
Wow, that's filthy. If that's coolant, it's probably coming from the radiator above the valve cover. Maybe there's a leak in the radiator from a rock or something.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks like an old oil leak that hasn't been cleaned for a long time. It's even possible, maybe even more likely but run over a patch of oil on road and it flicked up from tyre.
No way to tell for sure without cleaning then test run. It's not a bad leak if it is a leak, bad leaks will wash a track through the grime of wet oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts