Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, can someone tell me why is it that my original 91 clutch cover has only one marking (MAX) for oil level and it is the (MIN) which when compared to others that have two (Min and Max). So in simple words, my Maximum Oil Level mark is the Minimal on other clutch covers! I just purchased a "vented" clutch cover which has the two markings and now I'm confused because the amount of oil to be put into the engine is way different than my original clutch cover!

Thanks to all who shed some light here!

Vickon:abduct:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'd fill it to the max level - if you dont you will have Doubt in your mind, & be heckled when others notice your little oil drought... :D

I remember reading something about different oil level marks somewhere before? Is one case deeper than the other?

·
Registered
954 Posts
The level marker is a decal - I have one on order for my cases...

Just had a look at your photo's, bang - the max level doesnt make sense?:confused:

·
Registered
151 Posts
The level marker is a decal - I have one on order for my cases...

Just had a look at your photo's, bang - the max level doesnt make sense?:confused:
Maybe not to us, but some tech @ Ducati engineering in the early 90s may have thought it through when he place that max mark low down and changed it a few years later :)
There must have been done some internal change in the engine.

·
Registered
954 Posts
- probably suggested by some suit in the Ducati factory... started the bike up, heard the clatter from the clutch and was like "shitshitshit!, more oil!!" :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts