Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SS1000 with about 8300 miles on it. It has seen no use in the last two years except for a spring and fall ride just to get the thing on the road. Yesterday I noticed a pretty good sized (4-5" in diameter) oil spot under the bike. Looks like it is coming from a seal on the bottom of the engine near the oil view port. Also looks like oil had been dripping on the exhaust header near a plugged port (again near the oil view port).

As I don't ride this bike much anymore I can delay repairs until spring or sometime in the future. My question is what could possibly be leaking and if its going to involve a major repair or a quick seal change. I realize this description is sketchy at best, I'm just looking for guesses or if anyone's had a similar problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
oil pressure sensor

Hi there
I'd look at the oil pressure sensor which seems not being able to stand the pressure it is supposed to measure. I am at number 3 so far. I don't get original neither I just use what fits in.

In my case I also had to tighten the oil lines, the ones coming from the cooler. They sit on the same side, at least on the 2001 750SS I own.

regards
Arnego2

·
Registered
836 Posts
i have noticed in a few threads that when people change there oil pressure switches etc they dont mention putting thread tape on?? i recommend it!!!! stopped all of my leaks and used correctly wont get into your oil at all :) works wonders.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same issue with my '03 999 and it turned out to be a washer on the top oil line at the engine. I went ahead and had them replace both washers for a buck each and 1/2 hour labor. My dealer stated that in his 25 years of Ducati service, he has never seem a oil leak at the engine cases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts