Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
749R leaks a drop or two a week. Seems to be coming from the three yellow wires coming out to the front of the Alternator enging casing. Any ideas? Is there a seal to repalce, or am I missing the leak from someplace else?

I have it in the basement to see if it leaks any further, but it may not unless it's been run, we'll see I guess.

If I drain the oil, can I pull the alternator side engine case off, and take a look inside, or is that a bad idea?

TIA

·
Registered
46 Posts
on my 848 the wires are joined by a rubber grommet which is supposed to prevent the oil from leaking out that part of the case (i'm sure your 749R is the same way as most bikes are like this). It's possible the oils in the rubber grommet have dried out causing it to develop small (possibly microscopic) cracks causing the oil to start to seep out. If it was me cheap fix would be to clean the areas thoroughly and silicone the hell out of the grommet. May not look too pretty but it should cure the problem if that is in fact where the leak is coming from

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll watch for a drip and seal away!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts